PDA

View Full Version : Batman Earth One

yellowphantom
08-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Geoff Johns, the writer of BLACKEST NIGHT, GREEN LANTERN and INFINITE CRISIS re-teams with superstar artist Gary Frank, his collaborator on SUPERMAN: SECRET ORIGIN, SUPERMAN:BRAINIAC and SUPERMAN & THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, to create this original graphic novel that gives new insight into Bruce Wayne's transformation into Batman and his first year as The Dark Knight.
I enjoyed parts of Superman Earth One so I guess I'll give this one a try as well. It has a release date of May, 8 2012.
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/batman-earth-one.jpg

Buckyrig
08-29-2011, 10:06 PM
So, is this the Golden Age Batman then?

Or some updated version of him at least?

yellowphantom
08-29-2011, 10:41 PM
i'm not exactly sure where this Batman fits in with the DC Universe...as with Superman EO i just assumed this was universe one of the 52(known) new DC earths...i'm hoping the same thing for all of the #1 reboots that are coming out in Sept. that these characters are just on one of those 52 earths...
anyone have a real answer?

yellowphantom
08-29-2011, 10:55 PM
while i'm at it i might as well mention that i'd like to see Shazam Earth One...but the next one will probably be GL or Flash...

Evan Henry
08-29-2011, 11:46 PM
while i'm at it i might as well mention that i'd like to see Shazam Earth One

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that either... Hell, at this point I'd take anything Shazam, I think.

As far as the next Earth One GN goes -- probably Wonder Woman or Flash. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Martian Manhunter period piece (50s) or Hawkman (I want to see Tim Truman do something else with that character).

yellowphantom
08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
...or maybe Firestorm (ronnie raymond/professor stein) or Aquaman