PDA

View Full Version : So i just read THE INFINITE....

Rob Norton
08-04-2011, 10:29 PM
and...fuck you Rob liefeld....just...fuck you.

Mwynn
08-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Is this a review?

ronin7
08-04-2011, 11:28 PM
That bad, eh?

Rob Norton
08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
i just....i find myself somewhat defending SOME of the things he does artistically... in the past. but his utter lack of trying to do ANYthing outside of his comfort zone...goddamn. its just so ridiculous.

and i know..i KNOW...this is an OOOOLD point people make all the time about him. i KNOW there are endless discussions on this, even here on that "you love rob liefeld" thread. but there is literally nothing..NOTHING you havent seen him do before in this book. same designs...same poses... same lack of costume consistency, building details of any sort, faceless masked enemies that bare no resemblence to anything living..so therefore no significance or importance to them as they get blown away relentlessly.

and the worst part.... kirkmans story isnt really all that big of a wooptie shit either. his Invincible and walking dead stuff is great..sure.. but i think there is this kind ofweird aura around him that hes so friggin awesome in EVERYthing he does. and i dont think thats exactly true. dont get me wrong...i like the guy based on what we see of him and read about him and his attitude towards the comic industry, he really cares...i beleive that. but here...in this first issue... even if Adam fucking Hughes was drawing it... i think story wise... it wouldnt have been good enough to make me want to see the next issue. and with a FIRST issue..isnt that something you REALLY need to strive for?

maybe its my personal tastes..i get that. but art wise... god dammit..

rob

ronin7
08-05-2011, 10:59 AM
i just....i find myself somewhat defending SOME of the things he does artistically... in the past. but his utter lack of trying to do ANYthing outside of his comfort zone...goddamn. its just so ridiculous.

and i know..i KNOW...this is an OOOOLD point people make all the time about him. i KNOW there are endless discussions on this, even here on that "you love rob liefeld" thread. but there is literally nothing..NOTHING you havent seen him do before in this book. same designs...same poses... same lack of costume consistency, building details of any sort, faceless masked enemies that bare no resemblence to anything living..so therefore no significance or importance to them as they get blown away relentlessly.

and the worst part.... kirkmans story isnt really all that big of a wooptie shit either. his Invincible and walking dead stuff is great..sure.. but i think there is this kind ofweird aura around him that hes so friggin awesome in EVERYthing he does. and i dont think thats exactly true. dont get me wrong...i like the guy based on what we see of him and read about him and his attitude towards the comic industry, he really cares...i beleive that. but here...in this first issue... even if Adam fucking Hughes was drawing it... i think story wise... it wouldnt have been good enough to make me want to see the next issue. and with a FIRST issue..isnt that something you REALLY need to strive for?

maybe its my personal tastes..i get that. but art wise... god dammit..

rob

Rob Liefield has never been worth a fuck artistically in my eyes. His Heroes Reborn Captain America is proof of that. I'm not surprised Infinite isn't worth a fuck. Kirkman seemed to be showing the same lack of enthusiasm for Haunt.

Duane Korslund
08-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Rob was merely Ok fifteen years ago, definitely not worth all the hype...should he be working for one of the big two...yeah sure, but is he worth celebrity status? God no!