PDA

View Full Version : A Brand New Interview with Marvel's Ralph Macchio

Todd Matthy
04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
I recently conducted an interview with Thor editor Ralph Macchio. Check it out here. (http://sledgehammerproductions.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/an-interview-with-thor-editor-ralph-macchio/)

Evan Henry
04-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Nothing against you, Todd, 'cos I'm sure you did a great job with the interview, but I have been physically incapable of caring about anything remotely involving Marvel Comics for four years now.

Todd Matthy
04-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Really? I don't know what to say to that. But, to each his own I guess. What do you read?

Evan Henry
04-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Really? I don't know what to say to that. But, to each his own I guess. What do you read?
Mostly indies, and some DC. I still read "Thor", so I guess my first post was a bit inaccurate. It's just the constant crossover events and mucking about with characters and their history that turns me off. To be fair, DC is starting to go this way as well.

I'll give the interview a read and let you know what I think.

Biofungus
04-19-2011, 07:19 PM
I recently conducted an interview with Thor editor Ralph Macchio. Check it out here. (http://sledgehammerproductions.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/an-interview-with-thor-editor-ralph-macchio/)
Did he crane kick you after the interview?

Bishop
04-19-2011, 07:52 PM
... mucking about with characters and their history that turns me off. To be fair, DC is starting to go this way as well...

Starting? I seem to remember them doing this for about as long as I have read comics starting in the 70's. Marvel as well. This is the primary reason I rarely read anything by DC or Marvel. I've found myself leaning strongly towards indie's over the past decade or so.

Evan Henry
04-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Starting? I seem to remember them doing this for about as long as I have read comics starting in the 70's. Marvel as well. This is the primary reason I rarely read anything by DC or Marvel. I've found myself leaning strongly towards indie's over the past decade or so.
Both companies have been heavy on the crossovers since the '90s. DC obviously has a richer tradition of retconning on a massive scale than Marvel does, but really, if this isn't done constantly, I don't have a problem with it. It's also the death events that annoy the piss out of me. DC just generally has better stories these days than Marvel does, the way I see it. A quarter-century or so ago, the situation was reversed.

CHWolf
04-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Dancing with the Starjammers.

Don't care to write a post around that.

Moonrider
04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
DC just generally has better stories these days than Marvel does, the way I see it. A quarter-century or so ago, the situation was reversed.

Yet strangely there are fewer/nearly nonexistent discussions in the DC Comics sub forum. Hmm...

HaphazardJoy
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Nothing against you, Todd, 'cos I'm sure you did a great job with the interview, but I have been physically incapable of caring about anything remotely involving Marvel Comics for four years now.

So shove off and keep yer gob shut. I hate statements like this. It's basically: I'm too cool for Marvel, but at the same time miserably uncool to the extent that I have to broadcast that I dislike Marvel for credibility.

CHWolf
04-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Yet strangely there are fewer/nearly nonexistent discussions in the DC Comics sub forum. Hmm...

Too busy reading?

Evan Henry
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
So shove off and keep yer gob shut. I hate statements like this. It's basically: I'm too cool for Marvel, but at the same time miserably uncool to the extent that I have to broadcast that I dislike Marvel for credibility.
Hey, I take whatever opportunity I can to speak the truth! :har: And I'm not trying to make anyone think I'm "cool" in any way. It's far too late for anything like that.

Too busy reading?

Yes.

HaphazardJoy
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
So you admit that you're miserably uncool?

Evan Henry
04-20-2011, 09:40 PM
So you admit that you're miserably uncool?
Uncool? Yeah! Miserably? Not really. I have no problem with being uncool. It's something I take pride in, not being a sheep and all. :carrot:

HaphazardJoy
04-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Uncool? Yeah! Miserably? Not really. I have no problem with being uncool. It's something I take pride in, not being a sheep and all. :carrot:

Yep, miserably uncool, gotcha. I had you pegged as a buster all along, this thread just proves it.

Evan Henry
04-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Yep, miserably uncool, gotcha. I had you pegged as a buster all along, this thread just proves it.
You make me laugh. :bounce:

Evan Henry
04-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Also, I hope you're not making an argument for the equation "Popularity = Quality" here.

If so, you make me laugh also. :har:

Moonrider
04-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Also, I hope you're not making an argument for the equation "Popularity = Quality" here.

If so, you make me laugh also. :har:

Unless you think that "Popularity ≠ Quality", no.

CHWolf
04-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Hitler was pretty popular in Germany back in the day.

Nazis. Great for disproving ANYthing.