PDA

View Full Version : Chaos War: The big (non)event?

Biofungus
01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
So the entire Marvel universe/multiverse is practically being wiped out of existence, Hercules is some sort of "Super God" now, apparently Zeus could kick Thor's ass, and you know, nobody seems to have read it or knows anything about it (heck, the last part comes out this week, and I never heard anything about it even though it's been going on since like, October).

HaphazardJoy
01-25-2011, 06:07 PM
It all grew out of Secret Invasion when the God Squad goes after the Skrull gods and Amatsu-Mikaboshi betrays the Squad and takes control over the army of enslaved deities the Skrull gods had supplanted. I picked up the first issue where he starts ganking gods and embodiments (such as Nightmare), and thought it was garbage, so didn't bother with the rest. It's not a book that necessarily has anything to do with continuity anyway, everything will be remain status quo in spite of the events of this book.

Paul Sanderson
01-25-2011, 06:29 PM
This is the first I've heard of it. Sounds dumb as all hell.

Brandon Barrows
01-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I thought Chaos War was really weak, which was disappointing because I loved the Incredible Hercules series and was looking forward to it when it was originally announced. I skipped all the minis and one-shots because of it.

As far as I can tell, the entire point of the event was bring back the murdered Alpha Flight members (which I am for, but deus ex machina much?) and put an "exciting new twist" on two long-running characters who Marvel decided couldn't sustain books without some sort of major shake up.

HaphazardJoy
01-27-2011, 10:55 PM
It's not a book that necessarily has anything to do with continuity anyway, everything will be remain status quo in spite of the events of this book.

Well, Herc's power upgrade might take hold, but yeah, in general, I'm sticking to status quo.

Brandon Barrows
01-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, Herc's power upgrade might take hold, but yeah, in general, I'm sticking to status quo.

Actually...(highlight below for Chaos War #5 spoilers)

Hercules now has no powers of any sort and is completely mortal.

Evan Henry
02-04-2011, 03:29 AM
If only Marvel would channel some of the effort they put into pushing this kind of shit into actually making quality comics again, perhaps I could read something of theirs.

zcotty
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Wow! First I've heard of this. But yeah, sounds like a complete waste of time and money. :confused: