PDA

View Full Version : Three

galmando
12-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I've not bought a comic in nearly a year, so I have novices what's going on these dad, I am curious however aboutvthe fantastic three business.

What's going on, is it another gimmick where a character 'dies' with ramifications across the entire marvel universe!!!!!!!

Biofungus
12-04-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't think it's a "gimmick" per se. I mean, Ben Grimm is on the Avengers now. I think that's the main "implication".

HaphazardJoy
12-04-2010, 05:16 PM
There was a "leak" back before Civil War that one of the Fantastic Four was going to die, and the lead rumor was Sue. Now there's the Three ads, which each feature three of the four with someone else missing in each of the ads. I don't think it's just about Ben being on the Avengers.

MARK A ROBINSON
12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Absolute nonsense.

I hate to say it.... There is no Fantastic Four without all four of the members. That's the TOTAL point.

This is a TOTAL gimmick.

Which makes this whole thing TOTALLY ridiculous.

I miss when the Fantastic Four was actually a really good comic read. Forget putting it in a black bag. Just put it in a trash bag.

M.

ronin7
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Absolute nonsense.

I hate to say it.... There is no Fantastic Four without all four of the members. That's the TOTAL point.

This is a TOTAL gimmick.

Which makes this whole thing TOTALLY ridiculous.

I miss when the Fantastic Four was actually a really good comic read. Forget putting it in a black bag. Just put it in a trash bag.

M.

Quoted for truth. I miss the days of John Byrne.

Mark Bertolini
12-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't know, I've been enjoying Hickman's run on FF. I read it in trade, so I'm not up to date on the Three storyline, but so far, I like what he's done.

MARK A ROBINSON
12-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Quoted for truth. I miss the days of John Byrne.

Ditto.

Mark Bertolini
12-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I have a feeling Hickman is slowly building something in the Marvel U, between his FF run, Secret Warriors, and SHIELD, I keep expecting him to drop a bomb on the MU, something that's been a slow burn but is going to come to a head soon.

I could also be making this up in my mind, but I don't think so.

ronin7
12-07-2010, 10:21 PM
All Hickman is doing is digging a hole in the ground. After reading his trade, I was so goddamn bored that I re-rented it two weeks later, and just now remembered how shitty it was.

MARK A ROBINSON
12-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah.

The art didn't help either. I'm not down with Mr. Fantastic on steroids.

M.

HaphazardJoy
12-09-2010, 05:44 PM
They should give the Four the spotlight for a while, give them a worthwhile maxi-sized arc with Steve McNiven illustrating. I've never been a huge fan, but I get the appeal, and McNiven's art on Marvel Knights 4 was pretty flawless.

MARK A ROBINSON
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
They should give the Four the spotlight for a while, give them a worthwhile maxi-sized arc with Steve McNiven illustrating. I've never been a huge fan, but I get the appeal, and McNiven's art on Marvel Knights 4 was pretty flawless.

Agreed. McNiven was great on that run.

M.

galmando
12-09-2010, 06:45 PM
I loved that series when mckniven was on it. Then they stole from HG Wells! Ugh!! Poo!

Part of me wants to get back into reading comics, it's like a whole 10 years plus I just gave up on because I got sick of all the events. I remember going through some back bins and picking up an issue of spiderman with they story Toy Wars.

It was one single story with silly exposition from the villains, it felt so Lee/ditko! I loved it.

And the Lee weeks issue with The Blank!

Now I see events like siege and three and heroic age and I just wouldn't know where to start

Moonrider
12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
There was a "leak" back before Civil War that one of the Fantastic Four was going to die, and the lead rumor was Sue. Now there's the Three ads, which each feature three of the four with someone else missing in each of the ads. I don't think it's just about Ben being on the Avengers.

Actually Sue did die. A much older Sue from an alternate future, that is. It was in Millar & Hitch's run, I think. But that was after Civil War.

Biofungus
01-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know how, but I've been told Johnny is gone now. Fuck spoilers. If you read it, spill it.

HaphazardJoy
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Article related (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/25/fantastic-four-ending-human-torch-to-die_n_813841.html)

N Hammer
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Wow, a major comic book character dying. *YAWN* Whatever. :yawn:

greg
01-25-2011, 08:51 PM
:slap: No one dies--MU needs a new herald

Aaron Walther
01-25-2011, 08:56 PM
All he [Brevoort] would say about the future was that the various subplots and threads that Hickman has written "will converge in a new thing that will be exciting and different and yet, very familiar and very much the same."

:rolleyes: