PDA

View Full Version : JMS off Superman and Wonder Woman

ronin7
11-10-2010, 05:58 PM
He's still writing Superman Earth One, which the sequel he is solely focused on. My guess is either he is too busy, or he didn't like following up New Krypton.

Troy Wall
11-12-2010, 11:16 PM
I think he's simply getting too old to handle such a heavy work load. He's had some health issues recently and I think I remember him saying quite a while ago that the ten hour days he had been putting in since he was a young man would have to stop.

onizuka43
11-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Either that or he is working on another movie or something not comic related. Plus with the sales of Earth One they really want him to work on another one to get it out while there is still some buzz connected with the first.

Allegory Comics
11-13-2010, 12:38 AM
I think EARTH ONE did exactly what it was supposed to do ... DC is testing the market for their own "Ultimate" line. When the book did so well, they immediately pulled JMS to work on more. Mark my words, pretty soon we'll be hearing about either a sequel or an ongoing series coming very soon.

JMS left the current monthlies to begin developing this new universe.

Troy Wall
11-13-2010, 11:35 AM
He's already said a sequel to Earth One was immediately put into production. Shane Davis is even working on the prelim designs for the new characters the book will introduce.

Allegory Comics
11-13-2010, 11:37 AM
He's already said a sequel to Earth One was immediately put into production. Shane Davis is even working on the prelim designs for the new characters the book will introduce.
I know a sequel is coming ... but I think DC is easing into a new monthly universe.

ronin7
11-13-2010, 02:42 PM
I know a sequel is coming ... but I think DC is easing into a new monthly universe.

JMS seemed to imply it won't be a monthly thing. I know Johns is still working hard on Batman Earth One.

Paul Sanderson
11-13-2010, 07:39 PM
It's their "Ultimate" line Mark II. Mark I were the All-Star books.

JMS' work on the regular Superman books has also been very poorly received and I think DC recognised that fact. Best to stick him on the Elseworlds stuff where people better appreciate his silliness.