PDA

View Full Version : Peter David's X-Factor (the new one)

Mark Bertolini
09-29-2010, 02:14 PM
You know, I wasn't a big fan of the old-school Peter David X-Factor. I never liked the cast he had back in the 90s, with Havok leading the team.

However, I find myself really enjoying his current X-Factor work. I've been reading it in trade format, and the storylines have been excellent, and the characters are great. Jamie Maddrox has quickly become one of my favorite characters, he's so damn flawed.

Anyone else a fan of this book?

Rob Norton
10-19-2010, 09:05 PM
ive been reading it recently..maybe for the last year or so and enjoying it. i was way late to the party and i am lost on some specific character developments but... all in all.. peter david is writing the hell out of that book.

i mainly picked it up to start cause i always had this vauge idea on how to make Shatterstar interesting again, and read thta he would be in xfactor and he they would address his gayness. but that character is so much more interesting now than he ever was before.

i like how this book is FULL of nothing but second string characters that no other writer really wanted and here they are being super awesome.
i dont care for the current artist though. hes certainly competent.. but..he just lacks the dramatic flair i personally would like to see in the book. oh well..

rob

HaphazardJoy
10-19-2010, 10:32 PM
It started out really strong, and it's still enjoyable, but it's less focused now. Meanders too much. Also, a couple of the changes he's made to characters are just awful... making Madrox some sort of bizarre mutant offset (maybe), and changing Layla's powers.

dmoser
10-20-2010, 04:52 PM
I was into it in the beginning, too. When Madrox's clone pushed Rictor off the building I was hooked. I stopped reading after a while though, I felt like it lost a lot of its oomph. It was really good for a while, though.