PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Image artists

ronin7
09-22-2010, 01:16 PM
What are your favorite artists of the Image stable?

Mine are Greg Capullo, Ryan Ottley, and Jason Howard.

BKMDog
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Best Image artist of all time - new or old - is still Silvestri, IMHO.

Mark Bertolini
09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Chris motherfuckin' Sprouse.

Phatman
09-23-2010, 12:45 AM

Uhh, Jim Lee? :huh:

isaacbidwell
09-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Really? No one said Liefeild?

I'm ashamed in all of you.

Check out this great link I just found and be amazed http://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

Rob Norton
09-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Really? No one said Liefeild?

I'm ashamed in all of you.

Check out this great link I just found and be amazed http://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

pff.....that is SO old. we have all seen it. and ...its always worth revisiting.

and i agree Silvestri is the best...over JimLee by a long shot.. BUT..only when he is TRYING. and he always isnt. and dont get me wrong...every panel of a page doesnt have to be a masterpeice.. something HE himself said and i took very seriously as good advice.. but you can really tell when hes half assing it.

and YES..Chris Sprouse is AMAZING. wish tom strong with alan more and sprouse could have gone on for years and years and years.

oh well..

rob

BKMDog
09-23-2010, 03:40 AM
Uhh, Jim Lee? :huh:

Not to me. Don't hate Jim Lee by any means. I enjoy his work too. But, Silvestri's stuff is far more appealing to me.

captainarian
09-23-2010, 05:16 AM
RYAN OTTLEY, AND THAT'S THAT.
CORY WALKER

i used to love stephan.platt when he did the prophet series.

ronin7
09-23-2010, 06:48 AM

I like Silvestri, but I like Ottley, Capullo, and Howard's more cartoony art. It reminds me a bit of John Byrne, but they are actually nice guys while Byrne is an ass.

captainarian
09-23-2010, 11:35 AM
but they are actually nice guys while Byrne is an ass.

well said my friend, if i was a premium member i'd have given you a point for this, somebody give this guy a green point.

eDKeener
09-23-2010, 12:01 PM
I dig Ottley's art.

Also one of my favorites is Rob Guillory who is the artist on Chew. I love his stuff.

Chris Noeth
10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Ryan Ottley's output is amazing!

I loved everything the original founders did when Image Comics started... and Dale Keown's PITT art was amazing.

Nowadays I love a lot. Proof and Cowboy Ninja Viking from Riley Rossmo is dynamic and great.

For me Image is putting out great stuff this days. I love more titles from images than from the big two or other companies.

ChrisMcJunkin
11-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Ottley is becoming one of (in not my) favorite artists. Eager to see Invincible return to a more monthly schedule.

Silvestri is awesome but he's just never had a lot of output. His great stuff is some of the best. Loved me some McFarlane and Larsen back in the day. The first 50 issues of Savage Dragon still rank as some of my favorite Image stuff to date. Jim Lee's Hush work was probably some of his best since X-Men.

Can't really narrow it down to just one person. There's been a hell of a lot of talented folks that have worked for the big I.

K.E. Woolfork
11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I'll continue the Ottley love-fest, and add to that Walker. I think Cory's art is deft in its deceptive simplicity.

I'd forgotten about Keown, but another throwback artist from back in the day was Aaron Weisenfeld. THAT guy simply KILLED Wolverine Deadpool!

Carlos D'Anda, Juvaun Kirby and Brett Booth all were eye-poppingly amazing when they were doing it.

Charlie Adlard, but to a greater extent TONY MOORE. Codeflesh is still a GREAT read and Tony's well . . . Tony.

SPROUSE is a BEAST! And I'm talking going back to New Men, Youngblood and Stormwatch/ Wildcats.

Canete's Cybernary! That book is a thing of BEAUTY from cover to cover and everything in between.

Paul Smith on Leave it to Chance . . . I have to get all these for my daughter. She'll LOVE Chance Falconer.

Jason Pearson on ANYTHING.

I could do this all day . . .

Phatman
11-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Not to me. Don't hate Jim Lee by any means. I enjoy his work too. But, Silvestri's stuff is far more appealing to me.

Lee is the most influential artist to ever work for Image. He's not my favorite, but if we're measuring "greatness" or "best ever" from Image, he wins; hands down. Nobody else is close.

BTW, my favorite artist to ever work at Image is Travis Charest. Not the best story teller, but his ability is amazing. Dale Keown, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell, and Michael Turner are some other names that created some quality work for the Image label that I don't think have been mentioned.

Great Scott
11-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Sam Kieth

dmh_3000
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Ottley's my favourite.