PDA

View Full Version : Taskmaster mini

HaphazardJoy
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
This looks like it might be even better than the Udon mini. First issue was a riot, and I never get sick of him using his power, especially in this issue with the captions.

Paul Sanderson
09-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Who's writing/illustrating it?

HaphazardJoy
09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Written by Fred Van Lente
Penciled by Jefte Palo

It's more of an action comedy piece, think Deadpool or Nextwave. Taskmaster has apparently pissed off the wrong people and there's a billion dollar hit out on him, so him and a diner waitress are on the run from Hydra, AIM, and a dozen other groups looking to score (including several dredged up out of old comics, and several invented for this series).

http://www.majorspoilers.com/marvel-sneak-peek-taskmaster-1

Moonrider
09-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Hmmm the way you wrote that plot reminds me of Knight & Day.

HaphazardJoy
09-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Hmmm the way you wrote that plot reminds me of Knight & Day.

Haven't seen it yet, but it won't be the same unless, because of Taskmaster's power/memory loss, Tom Cruise didn't even know WHY he pissed them off. Also, I doubt there were dozens of different groups of goons like alien bikers and scientists in yellow jumpsuits.

CHWolf
09-14-2010, 10:56 PM
No alien bikers, but there were quite a few thetans.

Moonrider
09-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but it won't be the same unless, because of Taskmaster's power/memory loss, Tom Cruise didn't even know WHY he pissed them off. Also, I doubt there were dozens of different groups of goons like alien bikers and scientists in yellow jumpsuits.

Coincidentally, I haven't seen Knight & Day either.

HaphazardJoy
09-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Coincidentally, I haven't seen Knight & Day either.

Or did you, only your superhuman power that allows you to use any technique or move you've seen overwrite the memory of having seen Knight & Day?

Moonrider
09-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Or did you, only your superhuman power that allows you to use any technique or move you've seen overwrite the memory of having seen Knight & Day?

Well, I remember going to Woodstock before I was born...