PDA

View Full Version : O.m.i.t.

Allegory Comics
08-20-2010, 05:03 PM
In another thread (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150986), someone asked what was happening in ONE MOMENT IN TIME, and Wynn posted a link to a poorly written WikiPedia entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Moment_in_Time_%28comics%29

I didn't want to hijack that thread, so here we are.

Did the literary genius who wrote that entry leave out elements, or did the story itself leave them out?

Like it says Fisk still shot Aunt May. But that only happened the first time around because Pete revealed his identity in Civil War, and Mephisto was supposed to have erased all of that too. Was that erased? If so, how? And if it was erased, how did Fisk know to target May? And if it wasn't erased, why does nobody know he's Spider-Man anymore?

Can someone fill me in what's been happening?

This thing was a clusterfuck from the beginning.

Mwynn
08-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Looks like there are elements from the present and the past. In this storyline Peter did unmask, this is just what lead to everyone forgetting he unmasked. Which looks like they are going to make more confusing.

Troy Wall
08-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, he still unmasked for the Civil War in this continuity. He just doesn't know it's Mephisto who's responsible for everyone forgetting. I'm not sure what he thinks is responsible, though...probably Strange or someone like that.

Early on in BND Peter could unmask in front of someone and they would...somehow not be able to see/remember his face. He unmasked in front of the FF and the Human Torch got pissed because he realized something was protecting his identity, which insulted him because he considered himself Spider-Man's pal.

That bit came to an end when Spider-Man unmasked for his New Avengers pals. They were all able to see and remember that it's Peter Parker under the mask.

:blink:

Just go with it.

Peter missed the wedding because he fell off a building while attempting to save a criminal. He hit the ground and the criminal laid on top of him while MJ waited at the alter. :laugh: These events were set into motion in the first issue of O.M.I.T. when Mephisto, posing as a red bird, unlocked the back of a cop car and let the aforementioned thug get away to later fuck up Peter's wedding.

Oh, and then Fisk sends the same criminal to kill MJ's aunt Anna because Peter's aunt May didn't die when he tried to have her killed. M.J. and Spider-Man save aunt Anna and Fisk is foiled again. Rats!

Next issue: Kingpin sends a hitman to kill Peter or MJ's estranged aunt from Jersey. I'M GONNA GET ME AN AUNT COME HELL OR HIGH WATER, SPIDER-MAN!!!