PDA

View Full Version : what hero would make a great villian?

kamikaze
08-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Did this one, too at Marvel. Who would you change over for a taste of the dark side?

http://i.imgur.com/X7qbh.png (http://www.mybannermaker.com)

Moonrider
08-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Batman.

ronin7
08-19-2010, 06:58 AM
I second the Batman notion. He is uber dangerous. Turn him into a bad guy and watch out heroes.

fluxchild
08-19-2010, 11:48 AM
that's the thing though. Batman wouldn't turn villain. I could see Superman turning evil first. Superman with a diregard for human safety would destroy the DC universe. Batman wouldn't have time to pull out his kryptonite ring, Arrow couldn't shoot a krptonite arrow. Clark would mow through the DC universe, and then hit the alternate earths, and probably wind up at Marvel Universe for round two.

WriterX
08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't think any of the big heroes have a regard for human safety. I mean look at how much damage they cost to a city just in one issue or episode. Three months and the city would be leveled.

On topic though, I think it would be awesome to see Kyle Rayner go Ion and then go villian.

ronin7
08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
that's the thing though. Batman wouldn't turn villain. I could see Superman turning evil first. Superman with a diregard for human safety would destroy the DC universe. Batman wouldn't have time to pull out his kryptonite ring, Arrow couldn't shoot a krptonite arrow. Clark would mow through the DC universe, and then hit the alternate earths, and probably wind up at Marvel Universe for round two.

Batman HAS gone to the dark side before. Read Batman: Venom for a taste for a Batman over the edge and addicted to Venom. Or Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive when he caused a riot in Blackgate Prison so he could escape, and he was all set to abandon his Bruce Wayne identity and give into the Batman persona.

Allegory Comics
08-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Or read JLA: TOWER OF BABEL.

Batman didn't exactly go bad then, but it was discovered that he had been stockpiling information and weapons to take down everyone in the JLA if he had to - and then that information got out and was used against them.

So it shows that Batman is thinking ahead about how to defeat them if he needed to.

He's a very dangerous man. That's one reason I love Jason Todd as an anti-hero/villain. Even though they did screw the return story.

WriterX
08-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Or read JLA: TOWER OF BABEL.

That is probably one of my all-time favorite graphic novels.

Moonrider
08-20-2010, 12:50 AM
It actually makes more sense for Batman to turn bad, or at least turn against the whole superhero community, than a character like Maxwell Lord who is a super-powered character. Batman has no superpowers and as explored in Kingdom Come, superpowered people sometimes disregard civilian casualties when fighting each other. He won't turn 'evil', but it's still possible for him to turn 'villain', at odds with every DC heroes that doesn't share his view of justice.

MBirkhofer
08-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Magnificent bastard Max Lord is pretty amazing.

Even if it pisses alot of people off.

UniverseX259
08-20-2010, 01:05 PM
For a while I had wondered what would happen if Superman went evil, and how much damage he would cause. But Superman is the top property at DC, and I highly doubt they would do anything to change his character that much, even if it is for a brief period of time. We got a taste of this scenario with Superboy Prime, who keeps popping up and wreaking havoc. But Superboy Prime is an emotional wreck, and is also much younger than Superman, so I don't think he's necessarily as strong as Supes, and hasn't been able to tap into the potential of his powers. Even in Infinite Crisis, when he was wearing that suit that fed him yellow sunlight, he was way too cocky and careless, and that lead to him being defeated (Although he did take out Kal-L and Superboy). I just think Superman would be much more powerful if he let his inhibitions go.

Allegory Comics
08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
They can't make Superman evil, but they do the next best thing and give him evil counterparts. People as powerful as he, but not on our side.

Bizarro, Superboy Prime, Black Lantern Superman, Zod and the Phantom Zone, and all of the New Kryptonians. Superman himself has also gone bad from time to time in alternate realities and future stories.

They do this sort of thing all the time. It's practically a cliche now. They can't make heroes bad, so they give them evil counterparts who are exactly like them but not on our side. So we get a taste of what it would be like if the hero went bad, without actually doing it.

MBirkhofer
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
For a while I had wondered what would happen if Superman went evil, and how much damage he would cause. But Superman is the top property at DC, and I highly doubt they would do anything to change his character that much, even if it is for a brief period of time. We got a taste of this scenario with Superboy Prime, who keeps popping up and wreaking havoc. But Superboy Prime is an emotional wreck, and is also much younger than Superman, so I don't think he's necessarily as strong as Supes, and hasn't been able to tap into the potential of his powers. Even in Infinite Crisis, when he was wearing that suit that fed him yellow sunlight, he was way too cocky and careless, and that lead to him being defeated (Although he did take out Kal-L and Superboy). I just think Superman would be much more powerful if he let his inhibitions go.
Plenty of What if's do this already. As well as thinly veiled allegories like Irredeemable.

ronin7
08-20-2010, 05:04 PM
They can't make Superman evil, but they do the next best thing and give him evil counterparts. People as powerful as he, but not on our side.

Bizarro, Superboy Prime, Black Lantern Superman, Zod and the Phantom Zone, and all of the New Kryptonians. Superman himself has also gone bad from time to time in alternate realities and future stories.

They do this sort of thing all the time. It's practically a cliche now. They can't make heroes bad, so they give them evil counterparts who are exactly like them but not on our side. So we get a taste of what it would be like if the hero went bad, without actually doing it.

That's why I like Mark Waid's Irredeemable, and Incorruptible. Best damn comics on the stands.

Aidy
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Hal Jordan...shit no wait...that happened right?

horror101
09-13-2010, 02:59 AM
I think Wonder Woman could? Maybe if something traumatic like rape happened from let's say a hero? I think she would turn against all men and try to make them extinct. Or if she lost her powers and got raped and no one was there to help her? She would feel abandoned and wonder where was her hero to save her? Why was no one there? Pretty dark stuff but i think it could happen? And it sounds like a pretty good story? Stop me if this has happened?

MBirkhofer
09-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I think Wonder Woman could? Maybe if something traumatic like rape happened from let's say a hero? I think she would turn against all men and try to make them extinct. Or if she lost her powers and got raped and no one was there to help her? She would feel abandoned and wonder where was her hero to save her? Why was no one there? Pretty dark stuff but i think it could happen? And it sounds like a pretty good story? Stop me if this has happened?
Nothing says "great story" like rape. :man:

horror101
09-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Nothing says "great story" like rape. :man:

I'm just saying that I think it would one of the few things that would push her over the edge that's all? I'm in no way endorsing rape. It's just the reason for her extinction of man.

horror101
09-13-2010, 12:05 PM
ok some other heroes that could go bad?

I would say if Alfred got murdered it would push Batman over the edge. Alfred is really the only thing he's got in family wise or close to it? And i think if Alfred was wrongfully taken from him it would be like taking the last shred of humanity from him. I don't think he would be totally a villian more of anti-hero?. I could see him killing the criminals.

Aqua Man - The oil spill drove him over the edge and he's finally tired of the land lovers. ;)

Superman - Lex tries to poison Superman with a cryptonite injection but not enough of it got into his blood stream. So instead of killing him it makes hi go insane.

Tell me if any of this has happened? :rolleyes: