PDA

View Full Version : What If?

Aaron Wilder
08-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Another thread made me remember an interesting conversation that I had with a friend a while back.

What if DC, instead of Disney, bought Marvel?

1. What teams would you keep? Who are the members?
2. What heroes keep their own books?
3. What cities remain? Does New York get merged with Metropolis? What heroes go where?
4. What villains switch to other books?
5. What heroes become villains/sidekicks/civilians?
6. Etc. You get the idea.

I know that some of this was covered in a few crossovers, but it's always been an interesting idea to think what exactly would happen if DC swallowed up Marvel the same way that the WWE swallowed up WCW.

Callen493
09-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I have thought about this happening and I think it would be awesome if they combined the two universes.

I would keep both the Avengers and Justice League but have one deal with other worldly issues and the other with more practical superheroing. (Maybe the avengers do the cosmic stuff)

Amanda Waller would take over SHEILD.

The joker could terrorize peter parker.

Wolverine could become a yellow or red lantern.

Jean grey could come back as the avatar for the white lanterns

All Meta-humans would now be classified as mutants.

The cities would stay the same. There is still a new york in DCU.

Hank Pym and Ray Palmer could team up.

The daily planet could buy out the bugle and Pete can work at the new york branch. He could become friends with new reporter Chloe Sulivan.

Or better yet Jimmy could be in the supporting cast of Spider-man. A friendly rival.

There is so much that could be done with this. Too bad it will never happen

captainarian
09-23-2010, 06:26 AM
ah, and tbolts and the secret six would faceoff each other ,

and luthor and osborn would teamup to rule.

outlawmojo
09-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Captain Marvel Vs. Captain Marvel!

Dr. Doom Vs. Superman

And The Guardians of the Galaxy Vs. The Legion

It would be dope! :p

ronin7
09-23-2010, 06:51 AM
I'd get rid of the Doom Patrol since the X-Men are more popular. Though, not sure if they are still as popular with the current upswing in Avengers popularity.

Aaron Wilder
09-23-2010, 08:36 AM
A lot of the properties would have to be combined but it would give so much depth to everything.

I'd like to see Daredevil in Gotham, with blind lawyer Matt Murdock squaring off against DA Harvey Dent. Wilson Fisk could run the Gotham mob, and Bullseye and Elektra would make great characters in the Batman world.

Spiderman would move to Metropolis, with Harry Osborne and Lex Luthor on the board of a merged company. With the newspaper connection, there's a lot that could be done. (Even though Spidey and Flash would have an awesome cast of rogues togther). Clayface would also get moved over to the Supes/Spidey book.

Nova and the other cosmic characters would show up in GL Corps, alongside Adam Strange, the Inhumans, etc.

The mythology books would be combined, so Wonder Woman and Thor would get a lot of shared face time.

On the West Coast, the Runaways would bump into Titans West.

In Vertigo, a new Midnight Sons led by Constantine would feature Blade, Ghost Rider, Etrigan, Dr. Strange, Phantom Stranger, etc.

The FF would expand to add Doom Patrol and science guys like Ray Palmer, Hank Pym and Steel. Niles Caulder is a perfect fit for the Illuminati.

The Avengers would get absorbed into JLA and JSA. I see Thor and Iron Man, on JLA with Cap and Hawkeye heading over to JSA. Jarvis and Alfred would hang out when Tony Strak and Bruce Wayne get together.

The book that would be really tough to combine universes would be X-Men I think.

Callen493
09-28-2010, 07:21 PM
The x-men in the combined universe would deal with all the new metahumans they find. It could be discovered that they all have x-genes and that could give the x-men something to deal with. And all the mutant haters from Marvel would have more mutants to hate.