PDA

View Full Version : Shadowland

Mwynn
07-03-2010, 05:07 PM
This could be interesting. Nice to have a street level story, with Daredevil as the lead that makes it that much better.

http://comicrelated.com/graphics/pages/marvel/070810/SHLAND001/SHLAND001-0ath.jpg
http://comicrelated.com/news/7202/marvel-previews

Mark Bertolini
07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'm excited to read this. Daredevil as a villain? Andy Diggle writing? I'm there.

zcotty
07-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Daredevil as a villain?? :blink:

When did this happen?!?

Knuckles
07-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Interesting.

Biofungus
07-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Wait, is that Spidey? Then this must be a cosmic story!

:rolleyes:

Troy Wall
07-04-2010, 04:10 AM
I disagree with involving DD so heavily in an event. Back when the book was total fucking awesomeness (2001-2004), the minds behind DD (Bendis, Quesada) all agreed that part of the character's strength was that he stayed exclusively in his own corner of the MU and didn't participate in which ever event / crossover was happening at any given moment. His stories were always personal and always gave you the feeling that a guest-star or tie-in blurb on the cover would seem out of place. It just seemed as though DD really carved out a niche being his own dude and was treated this way from his 1998 relaunch right up until this year.

As a long time Daredevil reader, the quality of the title has definitely dropped over the past couple of years. Brubaker started out strong after Bendis left, but his work began to really drag around the time he introduced Lady Bullseye and Master Izo and reintroduced the Hand so heavily...which is what pointed the title in the direction it has taken...All Hand, All The Time!

Here's the thing...the Hand is fucking gay. It's a bunch of ninjas that can't fight worth a shit and always dry up and turn into smoke or something after someone hands them their ass, but not before giving us the obligatory reminder that they will never, ever-ever-ever-ever talk. They'd rather die...gasp!

DD going off the deep end and trying to control Hell's Kitchen through excessive force was done much better just a few years ago in "King of Hell's Kitchen". This time he's going to do it again by building a goddamn ninja stronghold in the middle of the city? Nay, sir. Nay.

Diggle's run, which is co-authored by another writer anyway, is TEH SUXORS.

ronin7
07-04-2010, 08:57 AM
C'mon man, Diggle has produced great comics like the Losers and Green Arrow Year One. Not every one hits a home run on the first try.

ponyrl
07-04-2010, 03:28 PM
You know, just throwing this in the mix, but, I like the fact that wolverine in the xmen forever book, is dead. He and Deadpool are all over the place.

Is he REALLY needed for this series? :huh:

Mwynn
07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Wolverine is not needed, and I have become tired of the character.

ronin7
07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Wolverine is not needed, and I have become tired of the character.

I haven't tired of Wolverine. Plenty of stories still left to tell with him.

Mwynn
07-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Wolverine is over exposed. They have gone over the top to the point, now there is actually a wolverine family of titles. He now has two kids who are more viscous than he ever was. There was a time when Spidey was in multiple books a month, now you wonder why Wolverine is not in a book. The character has become a joke. The mystery behind the character made him interesting.

zcotty
07-05-2010, 03:55 AM
Wolverine is over exposed. They have gone over the top to the point, now there is actually a wolverine family of titles. He now has two kids who are more viscous than he ever was. There was a time when Spidey was in multiple books a month, now you wonder why Wolverine is not in a book. The character has become a joke. The mystery behind the character made him interesting.

Sad, but true. There was a time when Wolverine was my favorite character, but now whenever I see him in a book it's more "him again??"