PDA

View Full Version : Juan Jose Ryp on Moon Knight!

Mark Bertolini
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=2046&page=1

It's about time this guy started getting some mainstream attention. His artwork is so incredibly dynamic, and his work with Warren Ellis (on Black Summer and No Hero) has been amazing.

Not much of a fan of Moon Knight, but I will definitely be picking this up.

NaveenM
05-29-2010, 08:05 PM
I can't say I'm blown away by his style, but I admire his attention to detail. That level of intricacy and he can make a monthly deadline? Wow.

How was No Hero? I've been contemplating picking it up.

zcotty
05-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Hyper detail, but his faces are freaky sometimes...

Troy Wall
05-31-2010, 12:39 AM
I can't say I'm blown away by his style, but I admire his attention to detail. That level of intricacy and he can make a monthly deadline? Wow.

How was No Hero? I've been contemplating picking it up.

No Hero is definitely worth purchasing. It started stronger than it finished and isn't as engaging as Black Summer, but it's still a good read.

Mark Bertolini
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
No Hero is definitely worth purchasing. It started stronger than it finished and isn't as engaging as Black Summer, but it's still a good read.

My feelings exactly. It's got a great twist as well.

Paul Sanderson
06-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Looks okay, but I still miss the original Moench/Sienkiewicz Moon Knight from way back.

MARK A ROBINSON
06-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Weird.

Moon Knight would have been the last book i would expected to see him on.

I could totally see him on FF.

M.

Raven
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Book looks terrible.

I like the guys work, but not even should or needs to work at Marvel and his style is so opposite everything else they have been pushing the last decade that it just seems out of place.

R.

MARK A ROBINSON
06-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Book looks terrible.

I like the guys work, but not even should or needs to work at Marvel and his style is so opposite everything else they have been pushing the last decade that it just seems out of place.

R.

I don't agree with that at all.

Marvel these days (if anything) has a diverse stable of talent. I guess you should start perusing the other books.

M.