PDA

View Full Version : What if Superman were the last son of Krypton?

Allegory Comics
05-19-2010, 09:13 PM
I saw a preview for Cary Bates' upcoming elseworld story LAST FAMILY OF KRYPTON ... kinda "what if the whole family made it to earth with baby Kal?"

Got me thinking.

What if they did a story where Superman was the ONLY Kryptonian left alive? Not just the last FAMILY ... but like the LAST SON OF KRYPTON.

So instead of everyone coming over on the Kryptonian Mayflower ... he would be the only one who survived his dying planet! The sole survivor. Rocketed to earth as an infant.

Imagine if nobody else lived and there was no one like him on earth or in space anywhere!

No Jor-El or Lara.
No Zor-El or Alura.
No Supergirl.
No Superboy.
No Superboy-Prime.
No Power Girl.
No alternate universe Kal-L.
No Kal-L zombie.
No alternate Kingdom Come Superman.
No Doomsday.
No Cyborg Superman.
No Eradicator.
No Bizarro.
No Superwoman (Kristin Wells/Karsta Wor-Ul)
No Zod or the Phantom Zone Criminals.
No Kandor or legions of Kandorians.
No Flamebird or Nightwing.
No Mon-El.
No Daxamites.
No Krypto, Streaky, or any of the Super Pets.

Imagine how much more special that would make him on our planet. Wow!

:rolleyes:

RandallFlagg
05-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I think you're onto something with this "last son of Krypton" thing. You know, they could even call him that! Superman: The Last Son of Krypton! It's a great idea. :)

ponyrl
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Bah!

Never catch on. Too far fetched. :D

Paul Sanderson
05-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I saw a preview for Cary Bates' upcoming elseworld story LAST FAMILY OF KRYPTON ... kinda "what if the whole family made it to earth with baby Kal?"

Got me thinking.

What if they did a story where Superman was the ONLY Kryptonian left alive? Not just the last FAMILY ... but like the LAST SON OF KRYPTON.

So instead of everyone coming over on the Kryptonian Mayflower ... he would be the only one who survived his dying planet! The sole survivor. Rocketed to earth as an infant.

Imagine if nobody else lived and there was no one like him on earth or in space anywhere!

No Jor-El or Lara.
No Zor-El or Alura.
No Supergirl.
No Superboy.
No Superboy-Prime.
No Power Girl.
No alternate universe Kal-L.
No Kal-L zombie.
No alternate Kingdom Come Superman.
No Doomsday.
No Cyborg Superman.
No Eradicator.
No Bizarro.
No Superwoman (Kristin Wells/Karsta Wor-Ul)
No Zod or the Phantom Zone Criminals.
No Kandor or legions of Kandorians.
No Flamebird or Nightwing.
No Mon-El.
No Daxamites.
No Krypto, Streaky, or any of the Super Pets.

Imagine how much more special that would make him on our planet. Wow!

We saw that in the John Byrne Superman revamp of 1986. Then the idiots at DC basically reversed everything once again. Now we're left with a mess of crud again :man:

Buckyrig
05-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Why wouldn't there be Daxamites?

Or Mon-El even? I haven't been keeping up, but he's not Kryptonian, is he?

Same with the modern version of Power Girl. Not Kryptonian. (At least not last that I was reading...which has been a little while.)

I also don't think having the Eradicator would negate the Last Son of Krypton title.

Biofungus
05-20-2010, 12:07 AM

Got me thinking.

I'm guessing he'd land in Kansas, get adopted by an older, childless couple, raised on a farm to value traditional American freedoms, then go on to fight crime...

Allegory Comics
05-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Why wouldn't there be Daxamites?

Or Mon-El even? I haven't been keeping up, but he's not Kryptonian, is he?

Same with the modern version of Power Girl. Not Kryptonian. (At least not last that I was reading...which has been a little while.)

I also don't think having the Eradicator would negate the Last Son of Krypton title.
Mon-El is a Daxamite, and Daxamites are descendants of Kryptonians who settled on another planet long ago, before Krypton was destroyed. So they weren't there when it exploded. That's why Mon-El is so similar to Superman. Their race evolved slightly different after that, but still basically Kryptonians.

Power Girl is the Earth-2 Kara, and cousin of Kal-L. It must still be cannon because they actually played this up as recently as Blackest Night, when BL Superman attacked the JSA. Power Girl couldn't bring herself to destroy him because, she said, he's the only family she has left.

And the Eradicator is an artifact from Krypton. He became an energy being and then later his body was created in the Fortress based on Superman's DNA.

ponyrl
05-20-2010, 12:30 AM
did they ever explain the lightning superman in 90's? :huh:

Buckyrig
05-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Mon-El is a Daxamite, and Daxamites are descendants of Kryptonians who settled on another planet long ago, before Krypton was destroyed. So they weren't there when it exploded. That's why Mon-El is so similar to Superman.

When did that happen? I know they were always "related" in some way. But they have always made a point that Daxamites are actually stronger than Kryptonians. So, something's different.

Power Girl is the Earth-2 Kara, and cousin of Kal-L. It must still be cannon because they actually played this up as recently as Blackest Night, when BL Superman attacked the JSA. Power Girl was having a dillemia fighting him because, she said, he's the only family she has left.

You sure that's not an adoptive family kind of a thing. Power Girl was originally the Earth-2 Supergirl, but I remember (and I'm talking probably the late 80s) that her new origin was mystical. I think another Egyptian mythology originating hero or something.

And the Eradicator is an artifact from Krypton. He became an energy being and then later his body was created in the Fortress based on Superman's DNA.

Meh. I think we might be getting into comics metaphysics here. :laugh:

Buckyrig
05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
did they ever explain the lightning superman in 90's? :huh:

He caught it from a toilet seat that Cosmic Spidey had just used.

Allegory Comics
05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah, after he came back from the dead his power was growing exponentially until he was swelling with power and eventually he became an energy being of pure power. So they created this blue containment suit for him. Eventually the energy wavelengths split into red and blue.

I actually don't remember how they resolved that story. I know I have it somewhere.

Allegory Comics
05-20-2010, 12:36 AM
When did that happen? I know they were always "related" in some way. But they have always made a point that Daxamites are actually stronger than Kryptonians. So, something's different.
The race evolved differently after they left Krypton, but they're still very much a distant relative of Kryptonians with similar powers.
You sure that's not an adoptive family kind of a thing. Power Girl was originally the Earth-2 Supergirl, but I remember (and I'm talking probably the late 80s) that her new origin was mystical. I think another Egyptian mythology originating hero or something.
As of last year ... she was from Earth 2 Krypton. I think it was a result of Infinite Crisis.

Paul Sanderson
05-20-2010, 12:40 AM
As of last year ... she was from Earth 2 Krypton.

As of right now...I'm confused :huh:

ponyrl
05-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Yeah, after he came back from the dead his power was growing exponentially until he was swelling with power and eventually he became an energy being of pure power. So they created this blue containment suit for him. Eventually the energy wavelengths split into red and blue.

I actually don't remember how they resolved that story. I know I have it somewhere.
Ah.

GOD I LOVED THE 90'S! LOL :laugh:

At least it wasn't so bad to speak the plots out loud like now. :yawn:

MBirkhofer
05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Powergirl is Earth-2 Kryptonian.
The mystical retcon was re-retconed back Krypton again, and someone was messing with her memories or something.
Best not to think about it.

Alt universe Kryptonian means shes not weak to this uni Kryptonite either.