PDA

View Full Version : Image thoughts

ronin7
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Read Walking Dead Volume 1: Days Gone Bye and loved it. It was creepy, dramatic and rife with tension. I also checked out Haunt issue one's free online preview and I thought Ryan Ottley's art was amazing. I dig Haunt, and I hope to check out the rest of it when I can. As well as more of the Walking Dead.

-Mick

Sequential76
05-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I love the Walking Dead trades. I'm halfway through the #1 issues they have on their site, I've been hearing so much about how Image takes on the wrong books. I'm looking there for craft knowledge since I'm halfway through Scott Mclouds' "Making Comics" and have read the Free Comic book day "Wolfman" by Kirkman. Both I've had for years.

I always get turned off by really cartoony art which I think dominates the Image line but I'm a little surprised to say I've like everything I've read so far. "A Distant Soil" was a trip to read becuase It's literally staight from the early eighties or late 70's. That comic chick has done it all.

Now I'm ready to go snatch up some trades. Reading "The Boys" now (dynamite) - That's a funny book. :har:

ronin7
05-18-2010, 11:27 AM
You should check out Invincible, the first ultimate collection. Amazing art, great story, and action. I can see why Invincible has become a fan favorite.

-Mick

Sequential76
05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I read the first trade some time ago and don't remember being impressed, I'll give it another go. I've been looking through Ottley's website and went to the image/Invincible thread to see more. Looks alot more interesting to me now.

Mark Bertolini
05-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Image has a few gems right now, the Walking Dead is chief among them.

I'm also digging Nick Spencer's Image output. Forgetless, Shuddertown, and Existence are all solid reads from this guy.

And of course, looking very much forward to Kody Chamberlain's Sweets.

tbrotomo
05-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Don't forget Chew!

Kody
05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Speaking of CHEW, for those of you picking up that book every month, look for an EXCLUSIVE sneak peek of SWEETS in the June issue of CHEW.