PDA

View Full Version : Marvel: Are they trying to bring back readers like me?

ponyrl
03-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Spider man- clone saga mini-series, re-written by om DeFalco and Howard Mackie, and drawn by Todd Nauck-

Secret wars mini series-

xmen forever by CC and tom grummett

Now X-factor forever picking up where L simonson left off at issue 64, art by dan panosian.

Is marvel realizing that those like myself aren't really reading the current comics they are publishing, or finding alternatives, and trying to bring us back into the fold?

:huh:

ronin7
03-20-2010, 08:24 PM
I think Marvel is trying to shore up the fanbase. I think they realize that a percentage of the fanbase doesn't read the current crop of books, so they put out the variety to appeal to those jaded readers. Whereas DC continues to beat their franchises to death while the fans of the late 80's/early to mid-90's DC watch in horror.

JoshBrown
04-02-2010, 11:26 AM
all good stuff

Paul Sanderson
04-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Sounds like something good from Marvel for a change. I'm intrigued by this, pony.

ponyrl
04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I couldn't get into CC's X-men Forever.

The Secret wars was...bleagh. One issue killed it for me.

The clone saga was actually pretty good, but I expect that from Defalco/Mackie, X-Factor forever feels like it picked up right after issue 64, which is great!

I'd highly suggest The clone saga & X-factor, personally.

And for me that's saying something!

Now if they could get a DECENT mini going for Iron Man. David Micheline...kinda fell flat on the IM minis he did with B. Layton and the coloring was like W.T.F! :huh:

Eugene Selassie
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Now if they could get a DECENT mini going for Iron Man. David Micheline...kinda fell flat on the IM minis he did with B. Layton and the coloring was like W.T.F! :huh:

GET KURT BUSIEK AND SEAN CHEN ON THIS POST-HASTE!
lol.

Sorry for my enthusiasm...but after Michelinie/Layton the only other creative teams I trust with Iron Man are Busiek/Chen, Ellis/Granov and Casey/Canete.

Eugene Selassie
04-09-2010, 02:06 PM
And maybe Fred Van Lente...his Marvel Adventures IM is pretty damn good.

Paul Sanderson
04-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Busiek and Chen all the way.

Scribe
04-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Maybe you're right. After taking a break from X-Men after Joss Whedon left I picked up the first couple of books of the new X-Men crossover and it seems like every character who ever died is back, Colossus, Cypher, Warlock, Magik, Pyslock, Angel can turn into Archangel again... after a while it just gets laughable. It becomes, "What writer wants to bring back a long dead character from their youth?"

I just can't deal with it anymore, I'd like to, but I just can't.

Ian Ascher
04-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Marvel announced Claremont will be writing a New Mutants Forever book to go along with the line and I thought I read somewhere they may do an Avengers and Fantastic Four Forever as well.

ronin7
04-16-2010, 12:53 PM
That's all that is needed -- an Avengers Forever with Busiek writing to galvanize the anti-Bendis fans.