PDA

View Full Version : Dirt cheap hardcovers on Amazon!

JamieRoberts
03-07-2010, 11:08 AM
This has got to be some kind of error on Amazon's part. Hardcover omnibus editions of Marvel and some Image books are $14.99 or less.

Before they realise and put the prices back up (and no doubt fire whoever is reponsible), grab yourself a bargain!

Bleeding Cool has the scoop! (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/03/07/daddy-what-did-you-buy-in-the-great-14-99-amazon-day/)

I just bought Secret Wars, Old Man Logan, Wolverine Omnibus vol 1, Ultimates Omnibus (both volumes plus the first annual... for $8.24!!!), Death of Captain America Omnibus, Criminal Deluxe Edition & Invincible Iron Man vol 1. All hardcover.

That cost me 53 (83 including international shipping). Just buying the same items from Amazon UK would have cost me 225!

Get some goodies and post here what you picked up!

Troy Wall
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Hope they ship!

RonaldMontgomery
03-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the tip! I ordered Criminal, the two Daredevils, the Captain America, and the Iron Man. I have Amazon Prime too, so *hopefully* that'll shave a few days off delivery.

Shoot, I hope they ship. :carrot:

Dan Hill
03-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh boy. . .

FF Omnibus
Frontline Combat (tempted by ALL of the E.C Archives but I had to draw a line, my passion is war comics so it was a no brainer)
Invincible Library Collection
DD Brubaker Omnibus
Marvel Golden Age Omnibus
Madman Gargantua

magiktori
03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
its been fixed :cry:

L Jamal
03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm sure they will cancel a majority of the orders.
They made a similar mistake with Absolute Sandman Vol 1 and they cancelled most of the orders. I managed to still get the 3 that I ordered, so I'll guess I'll have to wait an see if I receive the Avengers Forever and Complete Bone that I ordered.

RonaldMontgomery
03-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I got greedy and went back for some EC...that Weird Science was looking pret-ty sexy at $15 a book -- but they were back to normal prices! *sob*

Jamal, I hope you're wrong! But I fear you're not... :cry:

L Jamal
03-09-2010, 08:57 AM
So who got cancellation letters?

I ordered Avengers Forever and the Bone Complete Edition and both are still scheduled to ship on the $15.
AF is normally $35.
Bone complete is normally $40.

So that's $75 of books for $30. 60% savings!

JamieRoberts
03-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Amazon just cancelled my entire order, citing lack of stock. To reinforce the point, they sent that e-mail twice. Bastards.

RonaldMontgomery
03-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Nothing yet...both orders are still live.

RonaldMontgomery
03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Waiting to hear on the other order...

Hello,

Our records indicate you recently ordered 'Criminal (Deluxe Edition)'. Unfortunately, due to a pricing error, we sold many more than expected. In fact, we completely sold out we don't have any in stock right now, and we're not even sure if we'll be able to get more.

As a result, we've had to cancel your order. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm so sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

You may want to check our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page; if it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Order it used" or "Alert me" link. "Order it used" allows you to place a pre-order for the item in case another seller lists the item for sale later. "Alert me" allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. We hope to see you again soon.

JamieRoberts
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Word for word what I got (except for items, of course). Chris Eliopoulos just got the same message for a pre-order. Amazon clearly panicking.

RonaldMontgomery
03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
It sounds like they're selling what they have and not just cancelling everyone's orders. I'm okay with that. I'm afraid the days of merchants giving rain checks are over...

Dan Hill
03-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Same emails as Ronald except for the E.C Archive of Frontline. I have a confirmation order for that. I'll take something instead of nothing.

RonaldMontgomery
03-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Same emails as Ronald except for the E.C Archive of Frontline. I have a confirmation order for that. I'll take something instead of nothing.

Curse you, Hill! I haven't gotten any confirmation emails! :laugh:

Troy Wall
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Yup, all canceled here.

Troy Wall
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Hm, wait...two orders are still on for me: Wolverine Omnibus and Marvel Golden Age Omnibus. Odd, considering the Golden Age omnibus was the most valuable of the whole assortmant: sold out, out of print and sometimes selling for $50 over cover price in online auctions.

It'd be funny to actually receive that $100 Wolverine omnibus for the $8 I paid. :laugh:

L Jamal
03-10-2010, 08:21 AM
My Amazon order has shipped!

RonaldMontgomery
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Great!
Mine is still open, but not moved to fulfillment. There's hope!

RonaldMontgomery
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Hmm...must've been a lot of mad people...but I'll take $25!!!

Other order cancelled with same email. I just made...$50!

Hello,

We wanted to follow up on a recent message we sent about the cancellation of your recent order.

To recap: Due to a pricing error, we sold many more graphic novels than expected. In fact, we completely sold out we don't have any in stock right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.

We're sorry for any frustration the issue may have caused, and have applied a $25 promotional certificate to your account.

You can use it the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/

JamieRoberts
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Same here. I'm done complaining. That's a really decent gesture from Amazon, considering most of us were trying to bleed them dry!

L Jamal
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Hmm...must've been a lot of mad people...but I'll take $25!!!
I got the same email and my items have already shipped with no cancelled orders :D

So I got $25 and 60% off the books I wanted.
So essentially, I've paid $5 for 2 books :D

The Dag
03-10-2010, 04:42 PM
You're all going to hell.

RonaldMontgomery
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Dag --

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Go to the nurse's station.

3. Tell her the meds have stopped working.

4. Ask for a little cup of ice cream. The kind with the pull-off cardboard lid.

5. Lie down and dream about that special place, where you are a bold stallion roaming the highlands in search of adventure.

The Dag
03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Dag --

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Go to the nurse's station.

3. Tell her the meds have stopped working.

4. Ask for a little cup of ice cream. The kind with the pull-off cardboard lid.

5. Lie down and dream about that special place, where you are a bold stallion roaming the highlands in search of adventure.

i can eat that ice cream. it comes with the wood spoon. i gag when i have wood in my mouth.

magiktori
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
all marvel tpbs have ben removed from amazon for awhile there go my amazon afflate sales :yuk: :( :man:

Dan Hill
03-11-2010, 12:54 PM
All orders cancelled except the E.C Archive of Frontline Combat (yes!). Vouchers gifted too. Not bad!

L Jamal
03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Received my books today
Only placed one order
Still have the $25 gift as well