PDA

View Full Version : Lee, DiDido and Johns promoted at DC

Allegory Comics
02-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Jim Lee and Dan DiDio have been appointed co-publishers, and Geoff Johns is the new Chief Creative Officer.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/DC-Entertainment-Changes-100218.html

What is a CCO? Is that like their managing editor, or executive editor? And why do they need "CO"-publishers? These three men are very talented and capable of doing the job, but they seem like odd corporate titles. It makes DC seem even more like a faceless conglomerate (which it is, I suppose) and less like a publisher I could identify with.

That's one thing I've always thought Marvel has done much better. They're much more interactive with their readers.

Paul Sanderson
02-18-2010, 04:38 PM
We can hope that, creatively, things might be a little more cohesive with Johns playing a bigger managerial role. That's the only (possible) good thing I see about this move.

MARK A ROBINSON
02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I would say CCO might be a fancy name for Creative director. Or director of all that is creative.

Either way... I think it's a positive move for DC. Hopefully we get to see a legit Legion of Superheroes now.

M.

Justice41
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
CCO(Chief Creative Officer) is exactly what it sounds like. Johns will be in charge of the Creative side of things, meaning Movies, TV, Stuff online and the marketing and distribution of such. Also Video games, Online content, etc, etc.

Eugene Selassie
02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Best of luck to all three gentlemen.

jeffers
02-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey, Johns singlehandedly revived the Flash, Green Lantern and Superman. I'm good with it.

And Geoff, hands off Vertigo.

Ian Ascher
02-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I would say CCO might be a fancy name for Creative director. Or director of all that is creative.

Either way... I think it's a positive move for DC. Hopefully we get to see a legit Legion of Superheroes now.

M.

With Paul Levits and Yildiray Cinar on LoSH in May we should see a good return of the book.

I think this is a cool move on DC's part. A good one too. I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

Moonrider
02-20-2010, 09:20 AM

M.

I really hope they'd make a series out of LSH after Smallville.

Eugene Selassie
02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm upset because there was no need for a Legion reboot.
Shooter/Manipul were telling some of the best Legion stories in years before their run got cancelled.

hellblazer72
02-22-2010, 01:32 AM
i always thought the legion books were good until that damn zero hour crap started. you had lsh for readers that had been following the legion since it began and then you had legionares for people new to the legion.