PDA

View Full Version : What the hell ever happened to..

ponyrl
02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
This is a thread for asking about creators.

I'll start, if anyone can asnwer, then you ask the same question about a creator you wonder about.

Ready?

What the hell ever happened to Dan Jurgens? :(

Liked his work on Thor, seen him on an issue of a DC comic some time ago, but that's all?

L Jamal
02-12-2010, 10:58 PM
He's working on Booster Gold at DC.

Mark Bertolini
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Whatever happened to Larry Stroman?

I loved his X-Factor work. He did some Image work, and then disappeared.

L Jamal
02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Whatever happened to Larry Stroman?

I loved his X-Factor work. He did some Image work, and then disappeared.
http://www.larrystroman.com/

BKMDog
02-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Jurgens is soon to be replaced on Booster, is he not? I seem to recall reading that the book will be passed to Giffen / DeMatteis ( writers ) and Chris Batista ( art ), correct?

Mark Bertolini
02-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Okay...whatever happened to Bart Sears?

Better yet, what happened to Ominous comics (does anyone even remember that?). It was hyped SO much in the pages of Wizard magazine, and then the company disappeared off the face of the earth about 2 months later.

I hated that Brute and Babe crap, but some of the stuff he came up with looked like it had potential.

Rob Norton
02-17-2010, 11:15 PM

Better yet, what happened to Ominous comics (does anyone even remember that?). It was hyped SO much in the pages of Wizard magazine, and then the company disappeared off the face of the earth about 2 months later.

I hated that Brute and Babe crap, but some of the stuff he came up with looked like it had potential.

i remember thinking that stuff looked AWESOME at the time. i thought the brute and babe stuff was fun and interesting. somewhere sometime there was a "book" released that was a smaller sized non bound slipcase kinda thing with a ton of characters that was GOING to come from that Ominous comics and some of it looked okay. but like you said.. it just up and vanished.

bart sears worked for that crossgen silliness for a while doing some samurai book that was reasonably okay for a bit. but his work got to cluttery and busy for my tastes. no one could render better muscle anatomy, but.. he just went a bit to far.

i always wondered what happened to Steven Platt. i LOVED that silly ass Soul Saga he was doing for a bit. it was so over the top and silly adventure fun i couldnt help but love the FUN he seemed to be having. but..poof.. up and done. gone. no reason i ever heard.
i thought i read he went and became a storyboard artist or something? i dont know why he would just bail on the comic world like that and not SAY something. (maybe he did and i just missed it.)

rob

hellblazer72
02-18-2010, 12:22 AM

i remember ominous comics, i used to have a couple of issues. i thought he had some cool character designs but unfortunately he never go to use many of them. he's working for an animation company right now. i would have loved to see him take over an arc on batman and robin or see him on anything for that matter(bart sears on thor would be cool).

Ian Ascher
02-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Bart Sears did a ten or twelve issue run of Warlord over at DC written by Bruce Jones a few years back. Maybe two or three years ago by now.

At one point I had heard the he was going to be working on Kull for Dark Horse since they had all the Robert E Howard characters. He's done some cover over at Dark Horse but no interior work.

That was the last I heard.

Stephen Platt is out in Hollywood doing movie work. Storyboards for stuff like Iron Man and projects at Dream Works.

mikeexner3
02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Whatever happened to Rick Leonardi? He and Peter David collaborated on one of my favorite runs in comics back in the day - Spider-Man 2099 #1-25, and then I lost track of him completely. Is he still out there doing comics?

hellblazer72
02-19-2010, 12:36 AM
leonardi worked on nightwing, batgirl, he did a jla arc and is drawing vigilante right now.

Ian Ascher
02-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I just looked at Bart Sears' website and it hasnt been updated in some time and he closed out his commissions list due to workload.

You can however buy pages from his C.O.P.S. comics for $20 a page.

Wikipedia says: As of December 2008, Sears has moved away from the comics industry for the first time in over twenty years, working for gaming company Heatwave Interactive, based in Austin, Texas, where he is their senior concept artist.

He'll be back......

JamieRoberts
02-27-2010, 10:31 AM
leonardi worked on nightwing, batgirl, he did a jla arc and is drawing vigilante right now.
Also, I just picked up Alien vs Predator #2 because Leonardi is on art duties. It looks gooooood.

Eugene Selassie
02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Where the heck is Sean Chen?

I saw that he did two issues of Mighty Avengers, but is he doing anything else?

He is my fav Iron Man artist of all time.

JamieRoberts
02-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Where the heck is Sean Chen?

I saw that he did two issues of Mighty Avengers, but is he doing anything else?

He is my fav Iron Man artist of all time.
I saw his stuff in a recent preview. I forget the comic. Maybe Ms Marvel or something.

hellblazer72
02-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Also, I just picked up Alien vs Predator #2 because Leonardi is on art duties. It looks gooooood.

now that you've mentioned aliens, he also did the green lantern vs. aliens mini series.

ronin7
02-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Whatever happened to Barry Windsor Smith? I loved his Wolverine: Weapon-X story. I unfortunately haven't read anything else of his though.

ponyrl
02-28-2010, 02:19 AM
for those that wondered about Gerry Conway (one hell of a comic writer)

www.facebook.com/gerryconway

http://conwayscorner.blogspot.com/

Mcd91
02-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi Ronin7,

for BWS, just look here.

BWS Monsters (http://www.barrywindsor-smith.com/monsters/monstersmenu.html)

Looks gorgeous.

Best

Rob

Paul Sanderson
03-05-2010, 08:45 PM
for those that wondered about Gerry Conway (one hell of a comic writer)

www.facebook.com/gerryconway

http://conwayscorner.blogspot.com/

Agreed. One of the best.