PDA

View Full Version : Nextwave

Mark Bertolini
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I just re-read the 12 issues of Nextwave, and I miss it mightily.

I think I'd read the phonebook if Stuart Immonen illustrated it. This guy is GOOD. And you can easily tell this was some of the most fun Warren Ellis has had writing a comic book.

I'd love to see Nextwave return, but without that same caliber of creator, I'm not so sure the fun and hijinks could continue.

Let's see some Nextwave love!

Eugene Selassie
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Good grief you aren't kidding.
I LOVED this comic. I wish Ellis had the time because its not like these characters are tied up in anything important.

At least I don't think...I'm behind on The Initiative.

Have they used Photon or Machine Man at all?

RandallFlagg
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I've only ever been able to track down the first trade, and it was amazing! I'm going to have to find a copy of the second one somewhere.

Moonrider
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Have they used Photon or Machine Man at all?

They have, but not in anything that matters.

Man, I want more Nextwave! I think other artists can do an equally better job at it, but Warren Ellis must pen the books. He's one crazy motherfucker. Even his twitter posts crack me up.

HaphazardJoy
02-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Freak Angels is good fun for your Ellis fix, but I could always stand to have MOAR. Nextwave was a whole lot of fun.

Mark Bertolini
02-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Just an update: apparantly, the Ultimate Nextwave HC came out this week.

Moonrider
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm desperately trying to make a #moarNextwave trending topic on twitter. Please do the same. We can all make a difference!

:har:

Troy Wall
02-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Just an update: apparantly, the Ultimate Nextwave HC came out this week.

I wish it was an HC, but it's SC. I bought it anyway, though, 'cause I haven't read this awesome set of comics since it debuted.

I think Nextwave was released in premiere HC format a couple years ago. I don't really like the premiere format.

Hey, now that Immomen is being replaced by JRJR on Avengers, we can start a petition for his next book to be Nextwave Vol. 2! :laugh: