PDA

View Full Version : Brubaker/Deodato on Secret Avengers...

Eugene Selassie
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Want to get everyone's thoughts on this recently announced new series...

Biofungus
02-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Between Bendis and Brubaker, I could go either way. But art wise, I like Deodato's art a lot more than JRjr's (not saying he's bad, he's a great story teller, I just don't like his style), so I would rather pick up this book if I had to chose between the two.

Eugene Selassie
02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I love JRjr's art and am not a fan of Deodato's.

That said, I think Deodato fits with the whole Dark Avengers/Secret Avengers motif moreso than JRjr does with Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I think they were going with the same feel as with George Perez after Heroes Reborn.

Thing is, Romita is better suited on solo character books.

I really wish Carlos Pacheco was drawing this.
:cry:

JamieRoberts
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Just sayin', the character in the second teaser is the Green Goblin.

Moonrider
02-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Just sayin', the character in the second teaser is the Green Goblin.

Which Green Goblin?

Eugene Selassie
02-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Which Green Goblin?

PHIL URICH!!!!!!!!

Paul Sanderson
02-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Secret Avengers? :yuk:

Moonrider
02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
PHIL URICH!!!!!!!!

Yay! :carrot:

JamieRoberts
02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Which Green Goblin?
Y'know, I have no answer to that. I've looked at the silhouette again and I totally disagree with myself.

What?

Nothin'.

No, you said you disagreed with me.

No, no. I mean... I respect your views but in this case, you stuck your neck out before really conside --

You're dead to me.

HaphazardJoy
02-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Brubaker + Deodato = no reason to complain.
Good team there.

We'll see if the concept holds water.

ronin7
02-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Man, I have always dreamed about Romita Jr on Avengers, and now Brubaker and Deodato on Secret Avengers. Sweet!

PC812
02-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Given that this is Brubaker, I'll definitely check it out. I'm curious about the line-up.

Now if only we could get Slott or Casey to replace Bendis on Avengers...

Mark Bertolini
02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Given that this is Brubaker, I'll definitely check it out. I'm curious about the line-up.

Now if only we could get Slott or Casey to replace Bendis on Avengers...

I agree with the Brubaker thing. The man hasn't steered me wrong yet. If he can infuse a secret agent/Sleeper/Incognito vibe into this, so much the better.

I'm looking more forward to this than the new Bendis Avengers book.

Eugene Selassie
02-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Man, I have always dreamed about Romita Jr on Avengers, and now Brubaker and Deodato on Secret Avengers. Sweet!

Man, I'm not feeling Romita Jr on a team book. He seems better suited to solo character books where there aren't too many different character faces...

HaphazardJoy
02-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Man, I'm not feeling Romita Jr on a team book. He seems better suited to solo character books where there aren't too many different character faces...

Yeahhhh. I love his Spider-man stuff especially, but as I indicated elsewhere, that Cap teaser has me slightly worried.

ronin7
02-24-2010, 07:35 AM

That's like saying Ric Flair was never main event material. He was more suited to be a mid-carder, or curtain jerker. JrJR will do great on Avengers. He's done teambooks before.

Eugene Selassie
02-25-2010, 12:21 AM
That's like saying Ric Flair was never main event material. He was more suited to be a mid-carder, or curtain jerker. JrJR will do great on Avengers. He's done teambooks before.

Not to knock Flair, but guys like Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Bret Hart, Jushin Thunder Liger, Randy Savage, Lou Thesz, Undertaker or Shawn Michaels wrestled circles around Flair and they could outdraw Flair any day outside of the southern promotions.

ronin7
02-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Not to knock Flair, but guys like Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Bret Hart, Jushin Thunder Liger, Randy Savage, Lou Thesz, Undertaker or Shawn Michaels wrestled circles around Flair and they could outdraw Flair any day outside of the southern promotions.

Ricky Steamboat was never that big. He was a jobber in WWF/E. And only won the WCW title once in the late 80's. And if you were right by Flair why was he also a WWF/E champion twice? Not to mention had several high profile matches up until his retirement?

Moonrider
02-25-2010, 07:53 AM
http://digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=36

HaphazardJoy
02-25-2010, 08:06 AM
http://digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=36

SRSLY

Scribbly
02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I admire Brubaker.
I am an admirer of Deodato.
I do love the Avengers.

I bet this will be a fantastic book to read.

Eugene Selassie
02-25-2010, 01:53 PM
I admire Brubaker.
I am an admirer of Deodato.
I do love the Avengers.

I bet this will be a fantastic book to read.

Not a big Deodato fan, but I love Bru's work and love Avengers, so I'm in.