PDA

View Full Version : X-men Second coming

Mwynn
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/mawynn74/random/SecondComing_OneWillLead.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/mawynn74/random/SecondComing_OneWillDie-1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/mawynn74/random/SecondComing_OneWillRisesm.jpg

Doctor Shock
02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
One will not buy it.

zcotty
02-02-2010, 06:29 AM
One will not buy it.

:laugh: :laugh:

UniverseX259
02-02-2010, 08:09 AM
The X-Men books have been such a mess since the Messiah Complex and I haven't really been keeping up, but it looks like they're finally going to show Hope Summer's connection to the Phoenix. Hmmmmm, first baby born after M Day, has great mental powers and destroyed a town upon her birth, and she has red hair and green eyes. CAN'T have anything to do with Jean, can it? :rolleyes:

HaphazardJoy
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I'll be there. I don't see where X-men has been a mess since Messiah Complex, just no single event that ties all the books together. Messiah War and now Necrosha are actually pretty good X-wide crossovers.

I'm assuming it's going to be Emma dying and Magneto taking lead. He's working on SOMETHING. They've both lead before, Emma more recently, and that would be less of a change. If they're not meaning that one of those three will be the one to die, I betcha it's Cable who dies. Scott, given Hope's return, will likely focus his attentions on her, trying to keep her grounded and not all Phoenixy.

zcotty
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
I've been a Xmen fan for years, but so help me God if they do another Jean/Phoenix comeback I'm gonna shred the book!

Really!

I'll even post the images as evidence. :laugh:

HaphazardJoy
02-02-2010, 11:18 AM
It won't be Jean, at least I hope not. The very concept of the Phoenix dictates that it'll always be back, and Hope's appearance from the very beginning alluded to being somehow related to the Greys/Summers line though.

Rob Norton
02-02-2010, 08:56 PM
loooove that artist... but cant think of his name.. Acuna is it????

anyway.. im kinda interested. xmen has been a long lost love of mine for years and i lost track of it for a LOOOONG time. read messiah complex and thought it was okay but so much has changed its hard to keep track. the recent stuff i have been buying.. the dodson/land drawn issues with Utopia and all that. i am liking a lot of what i have been reading. a solid direction that i can get on board with. i really like what they have been doing with cyclops these days. making him a serious badass and leaving behind the whiney bitch days. the dissatisaction Beast is feeling is fun to read and its an obvious lead into him being on the Avengers.

i will give this a try. and as always..if i like it.. yay for me. if i dont.. i will do this strange thing and STOP buying iut

rob

Moonrider
02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
It won't be Jean, at least I hope not. The very concept of the Phoenix dictates that it'll always be back, and Hope's appearance from the very beginning alluded to being somehow related to the Greys/Summers line though.

Well, it's pretty obvious by now that every dead Marvel character will make a comeback sooner or later. If this is what I think it is, I have no problems with it as long as it still create a ripple in the X-Men universe that doesn't just take them back to the status quo (Jean alive, married to Scott again). It's also interesting to see if the small Phoenix essence that came to Emma at the end of Phoenix: Endsong will have a part in the story. Or have they addressed that? I don't follow the X-books religiously.

HaphazardJoy
02-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I HOPE Jean stays dead, but I don't expect her to.
That being said, I still don't think Hope will be Jean in any direct way. More likely a wholly new person, but patterned off of the Grey line, of which Rachel and Nate Grey are the only remaining members as far as I recall, and brought to life by the influence of the Phoenix Force.

Emma did passingly contain part of the Phoenix Force, as did her Cuckoos, but no one has been a true host since Jean's passing.

Moonrider
02-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I prefer it like that as well HaphazardJoy. She could be a resurrected Jean Grey, which explains why she's the first baby mutant after M-Day (not necessarily the first baby born, since her parentage is, to my knowledge, very mysterious), but a new character altogether. Let's face it, Jean to Scott is pretty much like Wanda was to Spawn, like Summer was to Tom. A b*tch in their lives. Hahahahah...

HaphazardJoy
02-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Well, I wouldn't say she was a bitch to his life. Drama for sure. The main problem, in story, with Jean being matched up with Scott is that it played into the characters being played as basic and archetypal. Scott is the good guy caregiver, Jean is damsel in distress (no matter how powerful she was, Scott was always protective). It was boring. I'm still not a huge fan of Cyclops, but he's definitely gotten more and more interesting since The Twelve and since Emma Frost entered his life. Hell, even Wolverine has been admitting respect for Scott more and more these days.

I'd hate to see Hope end up another Jean Grey/Rachel Summers/Nate Grey character. I hope they do something more interesting with her personality and powers than just another psychokinetic/telepath. With what happened to Rogue during Messiah Complex, the whole mutant situation as stands, and the Messiah/potential damnation of the mutant race as in Bishop's time, I was thinking it might be kind of neat if her primary power was actually some sort of omega-level restorative power. It could be an amazing arc to have Hope out in the 616 and being chased down by thousands of depowered mutants who want their powers back, and she's their only hope. That could still fit in with Bishop's future where she could be "responsible" for thousands of deaths in an incident by restoring someone's power who she shouldn't have.

It probably won't happen, I just think that it could make for a bunch of amazing stories that wouldn't necessarily focus on constant action.

jeffers
02-03-2010, 06:22 AM
] I was thinking it might be kind of neat if her primary power was actually some sort of omega-level restorative power. It could be an amazing arc to have Hope out in the 616 and being chased down by thousands of depowered mutants who want their powers back, and she's their only hope.

That'd be cool.

I'm thinking Scott leads, Eric dies. Fraction isn't the kind of writer to rehash dead-horse concepts.

Also, can someone answer this for me: In "Utopia," Beast was tossed into that "Omega Machine," which was meant to depower him. But, in the end, the X-Men rescued him and he suffered no lasting effects, right? So what was the point? Did I miss something?

HaphazardJoy
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Also, can someone answer this for me: In "Utopia," Beast was tossed into that "Omega Machine," which was meant to depower him. But, in the end, the X-Men rescued him and he suffered no lasting effects, right? So what was the point? Did I miss something?

The Omega machine wasn't intended as a permanent depowering machine, it siphoned power off of mutants in order to make The Collective/Weapon Omega even more powerful for periods. Not that it made him powerful enough for any of that garbage to be worth reading, lol.