View Full Version : The Heroic Age

Mwynn
01-27-2010, 01:00 PM
http://i.newsarama.com/images/Heroic-Age_02.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Heroic-Age-Avengers-Announcement-100127.html

galmando
01-27-2010, 01:44 PM
interesting

so does this Heroic age mean a shift into more upbeat action packed stories and an avengers team that seems more traditional, with power house characters?

if so then i'm back into comics again, inject some fun!!!!

woop!

galmando
01-27-2010, 01:50 PM
just read the article, and yes, there does appear to be shift in tone. good good.

Eugene Selassie
01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
OMG!

IF THIS IS AN AVENGERS ROSTER, IT'S SO GOOD I NEARLY CRAPPED MYSELF!

Only thing...I love Ben Grimm, but too many physical force characters on the roster.

I'd drop Ben and add Johnny Storm...the ONLY member of the FF who hasn't been an Avenger yet.

That's assuming this is an Avengers roster though.
:har:

Mwynn
01-27-2010, 02:48 PM
OMG!

IF THIS IS AN AVENGERS ROSTER, IT'S SO GOOD I NEARLY CRAPPED MYSELF!

Only thing...I love Ben Grimm, but too many physical force characters on the roster.

I'd drop Ben and add Johnny Storm...the ONLY member of the FF who hasn't been an Avenger yet.

That's assuming this is an Avengers roster though.
:har:
It is really strange that Johnny was never offered membership.

ponyrl
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Can
I have a writer FROM the heroic age INSTEAD of Bendis? Nothing personal, But it was Defalco or Waid I'd be more hopeful.

JamieRoberts
01-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Really representative of the diverse population, eh?

I remember Busiek did a good issue about the politics of Avengers membership as far as the ratio of men to women and whites to every other ethnicity goes. I hope Bendis addresses this issue again if this is the lineup. It's waaay off balance.

Although the big hitters make me smile.

HaphazardJoy
01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Wow, nice. I was wondering what they were doing with Beast after he left the X-men.

I'm not sure how I feel about that tagline though.

Biofungus
01-27-2010, 04:10 PM
How come whenever there's an intelligent, tool and machine utilizing ape, nobody freaks out and starts screaming, "Planet of the Apes!!!"?

onizuka43
01-27-2010, 05:11 PM
How come whenever there's an intelligent, tool and machine utilizing ape, nobody freaks out and starts screaming, "Planet of the Apes!!!"?

There is a strict unheard of law within the Marvel universe that controls the monkey population.

HaphazardJoy
01-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I guess he's safe then, as he's not a monkey.

I think Thing is boring generally speaking, and especially since there's two other characters in that image that can do everything he can and more (power wise), I really agree on replacing him with Human Torch.
Likewise, not familiar with Gorilla-Man at all. He could be a great character for all I know, but I could take or leave him.

Generally agree that there should be more women and ethnicities portrayed and not just stuffed into refrigerators. The seeds of that line-up would make it a no-brainer to throw Falcon on the team.

I'd still like to see Vision in there.

ponyrl
01-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Are you saying Ben Grimm isn't an ethnic edition to the avengers? :huh:

Edited: Though it, just didn't write it correctly. :D

HaphazardJoy
01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Are you saying isn't an ethnicity? :huh:

Wait. What?

Ian Ascher
01-27-2010, 08:08 PM
THAT is a cool Avengers line-up.

(I'm betting it is with a minor change or two)

ponyrl
01-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Wait. What?
Grimm is jewish.

HaphazardJoy
01-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Go back and read your previous post sparky, you were missing a word or two in there.

JamieRoberts
01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Grimm is jewish.
Yeah, but you never mentioned that. Missing word caused confusion!

gadgetwk
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I doubt this is an actual Avengers lineup.

My hopes for the team - Bucky Cap, Thor, Wasp, Iron Man, Falcon, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Cage, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Beast (please please PLEASE but the Beast on the Avengers again), Quicksilver.

Biofungus
01-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Grimm is jewish.
I don't think he's practicing though.

"Oy vey! It's Clobberin' Time!"

ponyrl
01-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Go back and read your previous post sparky, you were missing a word or two in there.
d'oh!