PDA

View Full Version : Ten favorite Marvel characters

Eugene Selassie
01-25-2010, 04:44 PM
I did this maybe two years ago and thought it would be a fun little exercise since the landscape of the MU has changed...

1. Iron Man

2. Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

3. Captain America (Steve Rogers)

4. Photon

5. Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)

6. The Thing

7. Arachne

8. Night Thrasher

9. Hank Pym

10. Dr Strange (Due to the efforts of Brian K Vaughn and Mark Waid)

Eugene Selassie
01-25-2010, 05:02 PM
No other takers?

kamikaze
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
alright, Ill put my picks in..

1. Daredevil

2. Dr. Doom (should have ruled the planet twice by now)

3. Wolverine (hard to hate the guy, he's a beast)

4. x-23

5. Captain America (Winter Soldier version) Its the heroes with no powers that just stand out to me

6. Union Jack (ever since his miniseries..fantastic use of a blue collar hero)

7. Magneto

8. Cyclops (X force leader version)

9. The Kingpin

10. War Machine (the name by itself would have made my list)

ronin7
01-25-2010, 06:21 PM
1. Spider-Man

2. Luke Cage

3. Wolverine

4. Captain America (Bucky Barnes)

5. Captain America (Steve Rogers)

6. Iron Man

7. Spider-Woman

8. Iron Fist

9. Ronin (Maya Lopez and Clint Barton)

10. Daredevil

Allegory Comics
01-25-2010, 07:12 PM
As I laid out in your DC thread that asks the same question (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1640682#post1640682), I have a 4-tiered system.

Applying the same formula here, it would be ...

1. My favorites. I will always try to buy these books, as budget permits.
Spider-Man, Magneto, Dr. Strange, Captain America

2. Not bad characters, but I only occasionally pick them up.
Most of the X-Men (including Wolverine), Deadpool, Daredevil, Iron Man, Nick Fury

3. Characters I neither like nor dislike. They just exist in my periphreal and if I run into them, so be it. I could go either way.
Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, Punisher, Hawkeye, Namor

4. Characters I don't like at all and will not buy.
Blade, Bucky-Cap ... I'm sure there are lots others I'm not thinking of now

I also buy my DC books FIRST ... so in order, it would be my DC-1 then my Marvel-1, then my DC-2 and then my Marvel-2, and so on.

Eugene Selassie
01-25-2010, 08:03 PM
1. Spider-Man

2. Luke Cage

3. Wolverine

4. Captain America (Bucky Barnes)

5. Captain America (Steve Rogers)

6. Iron Man

7. Spider-Woman

8. Iron Fist

9. Ronin (Maya Lopez and Clint Barton)

10. Daredevil

Geez man, don't read anything but New Avengers and Daredevil?
:har:

WilliamStormeSmith
01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
It's hard to put them in order but my #1 is definitely.

1. The Hulk -- I have a temper.
2. Captain America -- My first comic book was a reprint of Simone/ Kirby's origin story.
3. Peter Parker/ Spiderman -- Just always admire the way Peter was written and the basic philosophy of his life. I used to list Peter Parker as my hero when asked to name one in elementary school.
4. The Thing -- Can't tell you how many of my favorite comics The Thing appears from his fights w/ Hulk, "This Man This Monster", his time on Battleworld, the tournament w/ the Champion, and his time in the wrestling league....etc...etc.
5. Cyclops -- The most underrated character in the Marvel U
6. Iron Man -- I've collected Iron Man for 20 years now. 15-35
7. Thor -- The comics that really surprised me most were always Lee/ Kirby's Thor. It's certainly my favorite Kirby work, and I like Jack alot.
8. Silver Surfer -- 2nd favorite Kirby art, plus being Stan Lee's best work.
9. Dr. Doom -- Maybe the most important character in the Marvel U. A world of heroes don't work without a few bad guys.
10. Thanos -- Obsessed with Death, Jim Starlin rocks. 'Nuff Said!

HaphazardJoy
01-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Current favs-
Dr. Strange, he's fallen from grace, hopefully he'll get a good solo title,
Captain America (Bucky), it's just fun watching him try to live up to Steve's example,
Iron Man, never loved him, but Most Wanted and Disassembled have been great,
Hank Pym, so great in Mighty Avengers, most interesting and most flawed of all of the many super-genius characters,
Cypher, glad he's back, and improved even.

Always favs-
Iceman,
Beast,
Jamie Madrox,
Kitty Pryde, (can't wait till she gets back)
Quicksilver

ronin7
01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Geez man, don't read anything but New Avengers and Daredevil?
:har:

Of course, I was reading Criminal until the third trade, but now I've replaced it with Powers. :)

-Mick

Eugene Selassie
01-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Of course, I was reading Criminal until the third trade, but now I've replaced it with Powers. :)

-Mick

Queen and Country, Whiteout and Stumptown.

I love Goldfish and Jinx, but anything Bendis has done OGN wise, Rucka has done better.

ronin7
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Queen and Country, Whiteout and Stumptown.

I love Goldfish and Jinx, but anything Bendis has done OGN wise, Rucka has done better.

I haven't read much of Rucka's work yet, and believe me he has been highly recommended as the finest crime writer in the bunch. But, I already read so much - and some of his work which I have sampled such as his Wolverine wasn't all that good.

I do think you sell Bendis short, he is excellent when it comes to exploring and analyzing the psychology of the characters he writes. Even if it does mean ret-conning elements of continuity. :happy:

-Mick

Paul Sanderson
01-26-2010, 06:53 PM
My favourite characters (not my favourite books), in no particular order:

- Spider-Man.
- Captain America (Steve Rogers).
- Daredevil.
- Fantastic Four.
- The Avengers.
- Iron Man.
- Silver Surfer.
- the Hulk.

Biofungus
01-26-2010, 08:03 PM
1] Hulk (will always be my favorite, no matter how bad the writing gets)
2] Venom (although I'll wax and wane on him depending upon how they're portraying him, but he was one of the reasons I stuck with comics originally).
3] Ghost Rider (the Dan Ketch version, ironically enough)
4] Iron Man
5] Devil Dinosaur
6] Spider-Man (again, one of the reasons I stuck with comics, but I absolutely abhor what they've been doing to him lately)
7] Thanos
8] Juggernaut
9] Man-Thing
10] Dunno...

Eugene Selassie
01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I haven't read much of Rucka's work yet, and believe me he has been highly recommended as the finest crime writer in the bunch. But, I already read so much - and some of his work which I have sampled such as his Wolverine wasn't all that good.

I do think you sell Bendis short, he is excellent when it comes to exploring and analyzing the psychology of the characters he writes. Even if it does mean ret-conning elements of continuity. :happy:

-Mick

I love some of Bendis' work.
His DD run hasn't been topped by Bru or Diggle (Even though theirs is pretty good).
Loved Alias, Jinx and Goldfish.
Ultimate Spider Man hasn't missed a step.

I just think when he leaves his element (small cast/crime noir), his work is weaksauce.

I've given New Avengers too many chances (1-13, 14-19, 20, 25, 26-32....)
EVERY time I read, I was disappointed.
It did get a tad better when he stopped trying to tell Avengers level stories and sticked to the crime stuff (Post-Civil War), but was still bad.
Dan Slott was a godsend because Bendis' Mighty Avengers was atrocious.

For every character he gets right (Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Maya Lopez, Jessica Drew, Matt Murdock) he gets two or more HORRIBLY wrong (Wanda Maximoff, Steve Rogers, Carol Danvers, Janet Van Dyne, Hank Pym, Simon Williams, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Greer Nelson, Danny Rand, Stephen Strange, Karla Sofen, Robert Reynolds, Bucky Barnes) Wolverine's dialogue comes off a bit too "hip" and he writes 616 adult Peter Parker like Ultimate Peter Parker...epic fail.

He can't write big casts. EVERY character has the same tics and nuances in their dialogue.

He can write beautiful character pieces. Luke Cage issue of NA during Civil War, Tony Stark in Civil War: The Confession...

But he CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT write epic event stories. House of M was a fart in the wind, Secret Invasion #1 was f-ing amazing, then each issue after was a whopping disappointment.
Siege #1 left me with one word...MEH. Could've had a V8.

He doesn't pace action well.

He doesn't know how to write big villains (Magneto, Michael (The Collective), Dr Doom, Molecule Man, The Void, The Skrulls, Ultron, Count Nefaria)
Sometimes not even smaller ones (The Wrecking Crew, The Hood, the Taskmaster)

All the things I listed are VITAL to making Avengers stories work.

I know TOO MANY New Avengers fans that aren't really fans. They've admitted that the book is not that good, but collect out of habit, or because they hate classic Avengers so much that they do it to spite them, or simply because they've forced nearly EVERY major event in the MU last 6 years to center on the NA.

People won't admit the book is mediocre. If Spider Man and Wolverine weren't on the roster, if the major events DID NOT include the New Avengers and if these EXACT SAME stories were written by ANY OTHER WRITER than Brian Michael Bendis, would these readers still be buying and praising this book?

BOOGIE
01-27-2010, 01:47 AM
1. Hulk
2.juggernaut
3.sabertooth
4. Black Panther
5. Dr.doom
6.mad Thinker
7. Storm
8. Namor
9. Apocalypse
10. Task Master

onizuka43
01-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Just for the record the list is always fluxing and changing so this isn't my set in stone list. This mainly the one's I'm enjoying right now.

1. Spider-man, the original activision game was why I got back into comics.
2. Captain America (both), I've enjoyed Ed Brubaker's run and showed me how awesome the character can be.
3. Deadpool, I liked the character better before this over saturation but he still has his moments every now and than.
4. Luke Cage, I really liked him as a supporting character in Daredevil and Alias, New Avengers has just been great with him in it.
5. Thor, JMS had totally made up for his mistakes on Spider-man with his run on Thor in my eyes.
6.The Runaways, I know it's a whole team but it would suck if they were broken up and I think this is one of the best new ideas in a mainstream comic books.
7. The Prowler, I don't know why I just love the character and wish someone would do something interesting with him.
8. Dr. Strange, Love what Mark Waid's been doing with him, made it a fun book and has changed the dynamic of the character for the best.
9 Ironman, didn't dig the government watchdog mode, but the most wanted storyline kicked him back onto my list.
10. Clint Barton, I've enjoyed him for a while and lately I've been picking up the Avenger collected books and found I've liked him more and more.

galmando
01-27-2010, 09:20 AM
nothing spectacular from me

1. Deadpool - I love this character to pieces, the very idea of him being able to break the 4th wall, the humour, all of it.

2. Spider-man - first Marvel comic book i read was spidey, when back to basics, spidey is great. this is one of the main reasons i love to read the very early issues (even got quite a few, issue 2 is my fave! got it cheap too!)

3. Thor - i cant say that i've read many many back issues of Thor, my interpretation of the character is from toward the end of dissasembled to to the new series. there's somehting about the character i like, i thinks it's the norse mythology

4. Captain America (Steve rodgers) - i like characters who are the go to guys, when all else is failing inthe marvel U, it seems like cap would give you some damn good advice (now that he is alive of course). he reminds me of superman but not overly boy-scouty

5. Iron Man - when he's not enforcing super-human registration acts and being a complte noob, Tony Stark is cool as all heck. i'm not sure who i like more though, ultimate Iron man, or 616. hmmm

6. Ultimate Nick Fury - Samuel L Jackson, nuff said.

7. Hulk/Banner - when the hulk is the mindless misunderstood rampaging monster with a heartand Banner is the scientist on the run, i like it, it's not been like that for a while. although i did really enjoy planet hulk

8. Green Goblin - for simply following spider-man home once - duh!

9. Dare Devil - can be a little uptight on occasion, but i really loved the bendis run, and i think Brubaker followed with just as good a run.

10. Willie Lumpkin - !

onizuka43
01-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I totally forgot regular Nick Fury, he is the reason I've enjoyed Secret Warriors so much lately. That and "the list" issue with Ed McGuinness art was amazing.

ronin7
01-27-2010, 06:23 PM
His DD run hasn't been topped by Bru or Diggle (Even though theirs is pretty good).

I just think when he leaves his element (small cast/crime noir), his work is weaksauce.

It did get a tad better when he stopped trying to tell Avengers level stories and sticked to the crime stuff (Post-Civil War), but was still bad.

For every character he gets right (Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Maya Lopez, Jessica Drew, Matt Murdock) he gets two or more HORRIBLY wrong (Wanda Maximoff, Steve Rogers, Carol Danvers, Janet Van Dyne, Hank Pym, Simon Williams, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Greer Nelson, Danny Rand, Stephen Strange, Karla Sofen, Robert Reynolds, Bucky Barnes) Wolverine's dialogue comes off a bit too "hip" and he writes 616 adult Peter Parker like Ultimate Peter Parker...epic fail.

He can't write big casts. EVERY character has the same tics and nuances in their dialogue.

He can write beautiful character pieces. Luke Cage issue of NA during Civil War, Tony Stark in Civil War: The Confession...

But he CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT write epic event stories. House of M was a fart in the wind, Secret Invasion #1 was f-ing amazing, then each issue after was a whopping disappointment.

He doesn't know how to write big villains (Magneto, Michael (The Collective), Dr Doom, Molecule Man, The Void, The Skrulls, Ultron, Count Nefaria)

I know TOO MANY New Avengers fans that aren't really fans. They've admitted that the book is not that good, but collect out of habit, or because they hate classic Avengers so much that they do it to spite them, or simply because they've forced nearly EVERY major event in the MU last 6 years to center on the NA.

People won't admit the book is mediocre. If Spider Man and Wolverine weren't on the roster, if the major events DID NOT include the New Avengers and if these EXACT SAME stories were written by ANY OTHER WRITER than Brian Michael Bendis, would these readers still be buying and praising this book?

I don't think the book is mediocre. I think it has weaknesses, but as a whole its better than what came before up to Roger Stern's run, and possibly even further back to the Stan Lee run. I fully admit I am not a fan of the classic Avengers - I feel after Stan left, the series became a joke, a parody of the Justice League where it focused on anal retentive continuity and surrealistic stories . Since Bendis came along - he returned that freshness, he brought back that sense that anything can happen, and the more naturalistic based stories.

I mean despite the lurid online response, Bendis Avengers has been enormously successful in terms of shaking up the Marvel Universe, gaining media attention, and creating fodder for future stories.

The old school Avengers – it was like every writer was going through the motions, wondering what Stan and Jack would do. Always ending up rehashing familiar stories.

-Mick

Eugene Selassie
01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't think the book is mediocre. I think it has weaknesses, but as a whole its better than what came before up to Roger Stern's run, and possibly even further back to the Stan Lee run. I fully admit I am not a fan of the classic Avengers - I feel after Stan left, the series became a joke, a parody of the Justice League where it focused on anal retentive continuity and surrealistic stories . Since Bendis came along - he returned that freshness, he brought back that sense that anything can happen, and the more naturalistic based stories.

I mean despite the lurid online response, Bendis Avengers has been enormously successful in terms of shaking up the Marvel Universe, gaining media attention, and creating fodder for future stories.

The old school Avengers it was like every writer was going through the motions, wondering what Stan and Jack would do. Always ending up rehashing familiar stories.

-Mick

I can't believe someone would say that after reading Kree-Skrull War, Siege of Avengers Mansion, Avengers Forever, Ultron Unlimited, Red Zone, etc... that all the stories were rehashes.

That's like saying House of M is a rehash of Age of Apocalypse...
Or Secret Invasion is a rehash of early FF Skrull storylines...
Or Siege is a rehash of Civil War???

Rob Norton
01-27-2010, 10:50 PM

by god i never get sick of reading your constant bitching of the current state of Avengers and how Bendis "CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT" write blah blah blah.

SAYS....YOU....PAL....

rob

Eugene Selassie
01-29-2010, 12:29 AM
by god i never get sick of reading your constant bitching of the current state of Avengers and how Bendis "CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT" write blah blah blah.

SAYS....YOU....PAL....

rob

And I love how you troll around, waiting for my every post.

Like a wounded ex-girlfriend.

HaphazardJoy
01-29-2010, 12:36 AM
To be fair, it he doesn't have to look very hard to find a thread where you crap on Bendis. It's like finding a needle in a package of needles.

Phatman
01-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Phatman's Top 10 Marvel Characters (in no order):

1) Peter Parker
2) Clint Barton
3) Kang
4) Tony Stark
5) Benjamin Grimm
6) Dr. Doom
7) Hank McCoy
8) Hulk
9) Electra
10) J. Jonah Jameson

(PS: F' you Wolvie---not on my list, bitch)

Biofungus
01-29-2010, 01:38 AM
How could you put Jimmy Olsen on your DC list, but not Rick Jones on this one? They're the same friggin' character!

gadgetwk
01-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Spider-Woman - Love what Bendis has done with her.
Howard the Duck - Loved the guy since I was a kid, along with his old buddy...
Man-Thing - Wanna see some more stories with this guy.
Deadpool - Everybody's favorite Mercenary.
Cable - A very convoluted character, but I've loved everything they've done with him since Soldier X.
Bucky Cap - The best legacy character ever. I hope he wields the shield for a long time.
Jessica Jones - An underrated but fantastic character. Alias was amazing and I'm glad Bendis continues to use her.
Cyclops - Emma was the best thing to ever happen to this guy. Always been a fan of the character, but since the beginning of Astonishing he has become a character that I absolutely love.
The Hood - Vaughn's series was great, and I've really enjoyed everything involving him since.
Wolverine - Oversaturated but what the hell? Love the character regardless.

HaphazardJoy
01-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Spider-Woman - Love what Bendis has done with her.

Too bad almost everything he did with her wasn't even her in the first place thanks to Secret Invasion, lol.

gadgetwk
01-29-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah, but the aftermath of that is one of the things I like. The way people look at her and see the face of an ultimate evil and how she deals with that.

HaphazardJoy
01-29-2010, 02:35 AM
Good call on The Hood though. If they keep expanding his back story and keep using him, he'll be a great character.

gadgetwk
01-29-2010, 02:44 AM
Oh yeah. Great character. Really liked him in Punisher especially.

ronin7
01-29-2010, 09:14 AM
I can't believe someone would say that after reading Kree-Skrull War, Siege of Avengers Mansion, Avengers Forever, Ultron Unlimited, Red Zone, etc... that all the stories were rehashes.

That's like saying House of M is a rehash of Age of Apocalypse...
Or Secret Invasion is a rehash of early FF Skrull storylines...
Or Siege is a rehash of Civil War???

Avengers Forever was a rehash of what John Byrne did over ten years prior in Avengers West Coast. Those other stories you mention followed the same repetition of superficial characterization, intense action, and surrealistic ideas that made the series come off like a parody of the Gardner Fox JLA.

-Mick

Phatman
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
How could you put Jimmy Olsen on your DC list, but not Rick Jones on this one? They're the same friggin' character!

You just pointed out why.

I thought of Rick. I hated to leave the Punisher, Daredevil, Cap, etc. off the list, but you have to just pick 10. If it was a list on favorites to draw, my list would have been very different.

Eugene Selassie
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM
To be fair, it he doesn't have to look very hard to find a thread where you crap on Bendis. It's like finding a needle in a package of needles.

I COMPLIMENTED him at the beginning of the thread.

So, are we not allowed to say anything negative at all about any creators and pretend we like EVERYTHING from everyone?

What is this, Romper Room?

Eugene Selassie
01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
I feel like a real bonehead because I only included heroes on my list...

I need to do a separate villains list now.

:yuk:

Buckyrig
01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
You just pointed out why.

I thought of Rick. I hated to leave the Punisher, Daredevil, Cap, etc. off the list, but you have to just pick 10. If it was a list on favorites to draw, my list would have been very different.

Does it help or hurt Rick that he married a porn star?

Eugene Selassie
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Here's my ten favorite Marvel villains...

1. Kang the Conqueror

2. the Mandarin

3. Doctor Doom

4. Baron Zemo (Helmut)

5. Ultron

6. The Wizard

7. General Ryker (Incredible Hulk)

8. Firebrand

9. Taskmaster

10. Cassandra Nova

ronin7
01-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Here's my ten favorite Marvel villains...

1. Kang the Conqueror

2. the Mandarin

3. Doctor Doom

4. Baron Zemo (Helmut)

5. Ultron

6. The Wizard

7. General Ryker (Incredible Hulk)

8. Firebrand

9. Taskmaster

10. Cassandra Nova

The only ones I don't like on your list is Cassandra Nova, but the others are spiffy and two of them are favorites of mine only in a different order .

My favorites:

1. Baron Helmut Zemo (I like the refined version Fabian crafted - a Zemo who has a twisted sense of altruism, and believes only by ruling mankind can he save it. It's unique compared to his previous characterizations.)

2. The Mandarin (I love this bastard – he examplifies the subtle, yet constant race between western and eastern technology).

3. The Hood (I know everyone online crows that Bendis ruined him, but I think of him as Michael Corleone – a stand up guy forced to do the wrongs to feed himself turned into a ruthless crime lord trying to attain power as the ultimate Kingpin of Crime. While he's been depowered due to the loss of Dormammu's influence, I still think he is a potent foe, and cunning strategist.

4. Venom (Putting Mac Gargan and the Venom symbiote together seems like a no brainer. Together they are even stronger than before, more durable, and faster than the Eddie Brock symbosis.)

5. Juggernaut – nuff said.

6. Magneto

7. Electro

8. Shocker, always a favorite

9. Kingpin

10. Red Skull

HaphazardJoy
01-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Apocalypse
The Hood
Mr. Sinister
Magneto
Taskmaster (although I like him best as neither a hero nor villain)
Stryfe
Shadow King
Venom (Brock)
Ultron
The Mandarin

Phatman
01-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Man, how do you guys miss some of the best picks in these lists?

1) Norman Osborn (nobody puts the Green Goblin in there; are you kidding me?)
2) Galactus
3) Kang
4) Ultron
5) Bullseye
6) Magneto
7) Dark Phoenix
8) Venom
9) Abomination
10) Dr. Doom

L Jamal
01-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Spider-Man
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Captain America
Thor
Thing
Torch
Black Bolt
Tigra
Scarlet Witch

Phatman
01-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Spider-Man
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Captain America
Thor
Thing
Torch
Black Bolt
Tigra
Scarlet Witch

I had a hard time not putting Black Bolt or Scarlet Witch on my list. Moon Knight's a good add.

BEN DENNIS
01-30-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm kinda old school...

1- Captain America
2- Spider-Man [note: pre-1990s]
3- Incredible Hulk
4- Wolverine
5- Iron-Man
6- Gambit
7- Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
8- Shang Chi: Master of Kung-Fu
9- ROM: Spaceknight
10- Werewolf By Night

Buckyrig
01-30-2010, 10:53 AM
8) Venom

:eek:

Your stock just dropped.

Eugene Selassie
01-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I kind of want to start one with who you think the most overrated characters are...

If so...

1. Norman Osborn (Really? The Green Goblin as leader of the top intelligence agency after BS footage of him delivering the killshot to Veranke???)

2. The Hood (Liked him in the BKV mini and Beyond!, but he's gotten too big too fast. A more nuanced rise to power or a miniseries showing what he was doing post-Beyond would've been nice)

3. Apocalypse...my normal #1 most overrated of all time. This guy has been around 9000 years and has done exactly JACK $#!&
Only times he took over were
A. When he stole a bunch of technology from Kang after Kang left Ancient Egypt and
B. When Legion went back in time and accidentally killed Xavier so X-men were never formed...
Apocalypse basically needed a gimme. He's the type of guy that plays his video games on Rookie, then uses cheat codes AND pulls your controller out when you aren't looking.
IF you ONLY read X-Factor vol 1 #1-68 and NO OTHER APPEARANCE OF HIM, Apocalypse is one of the best villains ever though. Just disappointed with his treatment since.

4. Vulcan (Used to be my #2, but has been written well by DnA and Yost in the cosmic stuff)

5. The Purple Man (The ONLY reason that I LIKE Alias, but didn't LOVE the comic). Couldn't take him seriously as a legit villain.

6. Mr Sinister- Used to be WAY higher on this list, but Messiah Complex was a step in the right direction to making him a legit villain again (HATED Sinister's handling during the 90s). That was until the NEXT person on my list reared her not so ugly head.

7. Mystique- Really starting to think she's not that bad-ass and that it's maybe the X-men's stupidity that allows Mystique to keep killing over and over...
Senator Kelly, Moira MacTaggart, Mr Sinister... I wish they let Gambit decrapitate her when he had the chance.

8. Kaine- PLEASE let this era of Spidey lore die...

9. Fabian Cortez- THIS was the guy that was supposedly responsible for Magneto's death way back in X-men vol 2 #3? THIS was the guy that was deemed worthy to be the main antagonist of an X-men/Avengers crossover????

10. Tie between Skrulls and The Void-
If I never have to see another one of either of these again, it'll be too soon.

skottichan
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Heroes:

Magik
X-23
Kitty Pryde
Phyla-Vell/Moondragon (tie, mostly because they're an awesome couple)
Nightcrawler
Jaime Madrox
Emma Frost
Jean Grey
Colossus
Dani Moonstar

Villains:

Bishop (love him more as a villain than I ever did when he was a hero)
Sebastian Shaw
Selene
Bullseye
Sinister
Friends of Humanity
Mystique
Doom
Current Norman Osborn
Enchantress

Newt
01-30-2010, 06:55 PM
1-9. Batroc the Leaper.
10. MODOK

That's right.

Eugene Selassie
01-30-2010, 07:41 PM
1-9. Batroc the Leaper.
10. MODOK

That's right.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No seriously.

If that is Batroc written by Mark Waid and M.O.D.O.K written by Fred Van Lente, I'm almost inclined to agree.

Newt
01-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I have an Avengers story percolating in my head featuring Batroc. I believe he is undervalued.

HaphazardJoy
01-30-2010, 10:22 PM
6. Mr Sinister- Used to be WAY higher on this list, but Messiah Complex was a step in the right direction to making him a legit villain again (HATED Sinister's handling during the 90s). That was until the NEXT person on my list reared her not so ugly head.

I have to say, Sinister is on my list half for being badass, and half for his potential badassery. He's probably my single favourite X-villain. I get you saying he's overrated, but then you seem entirely too fond of complaining about villains never getting anything done. Of course they don't, that's the way it works. I'd agree that he's under utilized, and some writers make him out to simply be a pain in the ass instead of the master manipulator that he is, but I like him for the character and the potential.
Same with ol' Pocky, who you ALWAYS bring up his having been around and not accomplished anything when these threads come up. I say that's BS. He's not the average supervillain whose only interest is gaining power for himself. He has more interest in the fate of the mutants of the world. In his own way, he's almost a polemic to a combination of half of Magneto's philosophies and half of Xavier's. He might not have ruled the world in normal continuity but I'll tell you what he has accomplished: he's been responsible for some excellent stories.

Phatman
01-31-2010, 12:23 AM
:eek:

Your stock just dropped.

He's kewl!!!

Phatman
01-31-2010, 12:24 AM
1-9. Batroc the Leaper.
10. MODOK

That's right.

I left MODOK out :man:

Come to think of it, no Red Skull or Loki either---I suck.