PDA

View Full Version : Need some info...Advertisers?!

4-9-studios
01-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I want to make a little money on the side, not as a formal income, just for paying for the site, Con Tables, small print items, etc. I'd like to do this by gettin' advertisers on my site, but I'm totally clueless on how to go about it.

Suggestions, Tips, Experiences?!

CHWolf
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Experience/Example:

Site with something like 50k hits per day, average.

Google Adsense: $0
AdBrite: $0

Project Wonderful: Average of $1/day

Fluctuations also make absolutely no sense, it seems. Recently, traffic soared - and ad revenue went down!

If that's any help. :)

maverick
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
yeah, i'd start by getting your feet wet with project wonderful

4-9-studios
01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Whats project wonderful?

maverick
01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.projectwonderful.com/

advertisers bid on ad space on your site. the more traffic your site drives, the more desirable it becomes to advertise on, the more money people bid to get on there, the more cash hits your pocket. boo-ya.

http://www.projectwonderful.com/abouttheinfiniteauction.php

macclint
01-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Advertising your site on other Project Wonderful sites is a good way to get people to your site as well. Getting them to come back of course, is your responsibility.

I've had as many as 400 clickthoughs in a 2-day period advertising on another adventure comic site...

CHWolf
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Additionally, I'd suggest posting ad space on your site, waiting for a little revenue to come in, then turning that right back around in advertising in order to "start off".

4-9-studios
01-17-2010, 12:21 AM
CHWolf- Thanks, thats what I was thinking of doing already, just wondering if there were other, better ways of doing it. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

William Blankenship
01-17-2010, 02:32 AM
Yeah def recommend PW for advertising. If you game the system right you'll get rates as low as .09 cents per click or lower. My experience with facebook was like 58 cents per click.

NaveenM
01-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Project Wonderful looks interesting. Can anyone else chime in on what their experiences have been?

One thing I'm curious about are those full screen ads that appear before pages. You know what I'm talking about. Say you're on DeviantArt, and you click a link, and a screen with an HP ad appears. There is a little counter at the top ticking down the seconds before it goes on to the page you wanted, plus you have the option of clicking "Go now" or whatever it says.

Does anyone know how to get those onto your site? That type of advertising seems like a good idea for webcomics (it's not too different from a print comic with one page devoted to an ad).