PDA

View Full Version : C.B. Cebulski rocks... doesn't he?

HaphazardJoy
01-14-2010, 06:39 AM
While the interaction between Young X-men and Jubilee could be better set-up, and the reaction of Surge isn't what I expected from the character initially, THIS is what I want for short features on X-characters. Nation X 2 of 4.

Fantastic dialogue and character work, no action, and yet wholly worth reading. Thank you.

Biofungus
01-14-2010, 07:00 AM
I do not recall having read his work, but if he can pull off a comic without having to throw in some kind of action sequence and make it worth reading, kudos to him.

HaphazardJoy
01-14-2010, 07:54 AM
So much so that he got a nod in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

Biofungus
01-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Did he? Where? I only rented that game with a friend, so I didn't get to play it much.

HaphazardJoy
01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
They named a fictional hacker for him, a name which you need to provide to Weasel as part of the ongoing sidequest of discerning Black Widow's allegiance.

Moonrider
01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
They named a fictional hacker for him, a name which you need to provide to Weasel as part of the ongoing sidequest of discerning Black Widow's allegiance.

I think he was one of the writing team for that game, so it's more like an in joke than a nod.

http://marvel.com/blogs/Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance

The Activision panelists include legendary comic creator, Stan Lee; Marvel writer and co-creator of the story behind Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, C.B. Cebulski;

HaphazardJoy
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM
I really wish they'd make this an ongoing, or at the very least bring back X-men Unlimited and restrict it to not including a Wolverine feature every issue. Such an excellent way to try out new writers and art teams, and showcase existing teams. On top of that, having several pages to tell a short story, I think, takes the emphasis away from needing to include a few pages of battle splashes. Not that I dislike battle splashes, to read and especially work on, they can be lots of fun, but every issue of every book doesn't need to be action driven.

Eugene Selassie
01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I agree and disagree...

I wish I could say that it is ok to have an issue with no action at all...

NO book from Marvel or DC at 3.99 should be allowed to pull that kind of crap though.

PC812
02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Cebulski's great. His work on The Loners made me wish Marvel would have given him the job of reinventing the New Warriors (no offense to Grievoux, his stories were good, it just felt too much like New X-Men instead of New Warriors).

HaphazardJoy
03-04-2010, 04:23 AM
I agree and disagree...

I wish I could say that it is ok to have an issue with no action at all...

NO book from Marvel or DC at 3.99 should be allowed to pull that kind of crap though.

So every comic book must be an action/adventure story? Jeez Eugene, you just lost so many points it's not even funny.

Eugene Selassie
03-05-2010, 01:55 PM
So every comic book must be an action/adventure story? Jeez Eugene, you just lost so many points it's not even funny.

Sorry, I refuse to pay $3.99 for talking heads.

That's a gallon and a half of gas.

Moonrider
03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Sorry, I refuse to pay $3.99 for talking heads.

That's a gallon and a half of gas.

By that logic every Michael Bay movie tickets should be twice more expensive.

Eugene Selassie
03-05-2010, 08:08 PM
By that logic every Michael Bay movie tickets should be twice more expensive.

Plenty of writers are capable of doing both equally in one comic and VERY well.