PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding publishing format ...

PencilSketchAbuser
01-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Hi guys,

I am currently putting together my team of artists, and is about to publish a single comic book title through Indy Planet. The original plan for the book is a single one-shot issue. But due to the storyline, the page counts probably going to reach around 56 pages, for the book. And now I am thinking on how to go with those pages.

I have two comic artists who's going to illustrate the book, in the ratio of 50/50 in page counts. I am thinking to have a sequel to this book published in the next 3 months, after this title being published sometime in February 2010. At the moment, I am considering three (3) format options to go with, in this matter ...

1) To have it printed in a single issue, with a straight 56 sequential pages in it.
2) To have it printed in a single issue, dividing each 28 sequential pages in a single chapter.
3) To have it printed as 2 separate issues, with 28 pages sequential pages each.

Anyone can help me with this?

Which one do you think is better option, and if so, please explain your answer. I really need some help here.

Thank you very much for reading this.

Rick!

Jamir with an E
01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Not 100 percent certain on this but if you plan on printing the book through Ka-Blam and/or distributing through Indy Planet I think there's a page limit of 52 pages if you're going the standard format count (but you're in good shape if you're going the bound/trade paper back route and perhaps Manga ... but, again, I'm not 100 {or even 50 :) percent certain about either of those). That said if you're able to get everything done putting it all into one collection can work and gives you a single product to promote which is never a bad thing. I'm sure you'll get better, and better informed, answers from more knowledgeable members. Wishing you success however you decide to approach it.