PDA

View Full Version : Marvel's "Noir" books

Mark Bertolini
01-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Is anyone else reading these? They're actually much better than they would appear to be. Sticking the Marvel heroes into the dirty, grimy 30s and 40s has actually produced some pretty decent stories.

And the Wolverine Noir book had art by CP Smith. That's really all you need to know.

Eugene Selassie
01-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I want to try these books...I just think there are enough heroes in the MU that already are noir...so many books from DD to Moon Knight, even New Avengers has noir like setting.
I'd read the X-men one if X-factor weren't already doing it and doing it well.

It'd have to be a character like Quasar or the FF, characters that are so far removed from noir storytelling that it'd be fresh and original, for me to buy these.

Jamir with an E
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Actually picked up the Cage one (heard of the Spider-Man and Punisher ones but have yet to read either) and enjoyed it for the most part. I'll agree with Eugene in that it would be interesting to see a noir take on some of the more "cosmic powered' characters in the Marvel universe. Would actually like a Hulk story in this vein but not set in the 50's or 60's ... perhaps in the 30's or the tail end of world war two.

HaphazardJoy
01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I read the first Spider-man, X-men, and Wolverine ones, thought they were mediocre, haven't checked out any since.

Eugene Selassie
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up Haphazard...was actually contemplating those for a while. Anywhere I can save money bro.