PDA

View Full Version : More Hulk Books

Ian Ascher
12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
There's been a good back and forth on the Hulk books recently, especialy on the Jeph Loeb Hulk title. I'll admit its been a bit of a mish-mash book with some ups and downs when it comes to the story telling.... BUT...

The last few Hulk books to come out, Fall of the Hulk Alpha and Gamma and even the Jeph Loeb Hulk have all been really solid as they move into this new "event".

Fall of the Hulk Alpha was the biggest surprise of all. It's just a very cool idea, well written, and really well drawn.

HaphazardJoy
12-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Really?
Really, Really?
Because it all looks like a giant steaming pile.

Ian Ascher
12-28-2009, 07:25 AM
On the outside it seems that way...

The concept in the pages of Incredible Hulk is a great one but its being rushed forward by the timeline of this Fall of the Hulks event. Im not sold on the new She-Hulk yet either. This new version has ben rammed down our throats more than the Red Hulk and shoehorned into this continuity for the sake of the crossover.

Jeph Loeb's Hulk which has been a run and gun mish-mash had a very interesting issue with Doc Samson. Probably the best issue of the entire run to date.

Fall of the Hulk Alpha and Gamma were both good but the Alpha issue was head and shoulders above anything the Hulk books have been in the past yer and a half.

Of course, Im in now way saying that these are the pinnacle of comic book story telling and everyone needs to read these books. To each their own, but as I read my friend's copies it struck me that the past month worth of books has stepped up from what was being done before as they move into this little mini-event.

Biofungus
12-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't like the convenience of what was in the library in Fall of the Hulks: Alpha.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, in previous instances where Marvel used the Alpha/Gamma numbering, didn't Alpha start the event and Gamma was the last issue of the event? Why have them be sequential and number them such this time?

HaphazardJoy
12-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I know they've used Alpha/Omega before, I don't recall a specific other instance of Alpha/Gamma... either way, it make sense. Alpha IS the first Greek letter, Omegas IS the last, Gamma the third, but obviously it bears significance to the Hulk family.

Eugene Selassie
12-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Haven't read yet.

Incredible Hulk has been amazing since Pak returned to it as of #601.

Hulk was a steaming pile up until issue 14 or so. Its ok now. Probably not deserving of its sales numbers but ok.

I'll read it...and hopefully won't get pissed at this franchise all over again.