PDA

View Full Version : Dark Avengers Annual

HaphazardJoy
12-04-2009, 01:39 AM
WTH....

Okay, excellent art provided by Bachalo of course, and fun story at least.
Spoilers
So Noh-Varr really has been selected as the new Captain Marvel now, gaining his own set of Nega-Bands which are "far more advanced" than his predecessor's set. Costume aside, I can live with that, I like Noh-Varr, would like to see his character adjust to becoming protector of Earth.

Who's spying on him? Bucky-as-Cap and........... Steve Rogers. WTF man, he's not even officially back yet, come on now.

RandallFlagg
12-04-2009, 02:44 AM
My main problem with this issue is...
What the hell is that new costume?! :confused: It's terrible. I like his regular one a lot. This, not at all.

Troy Wall
12-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Yeah, his original costume was better. Shoulda just added the nega-bands to it and kept it the same. Awesome JG Jones design.

About Steve Rogers being on the last page, I think REBORN was originally intended to be wrapped up by now. If you look at the solicits, the 6th issue was only recently added. It was supposed to be only 5 issues, the last issue of which Marvel figured would have already shipped by the release of this annual.

But, in the scheme of things, who cares. We knew Rogers would be back anyway, and I'm not surprised to see Bucky still wields the shield. Me reckons it'll stay that way for about six months worth of comics before Steve reclaims the mantle.