PDA

View Full Version : Challangers of the Unknown

Ian Ascher
11-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Was reading the Rann-Thanagar Holy War TPB and it includes a Hawkman one shot that got me thinking....

At the end of Countdown, DC created a new Challangers of the Unknown made up of Donna Troy, Kyle Rayner, Jason Todd, and Ray Palmer. Heroes without a true home in the new Multiverse. Hawkman is in the same boat based on the infofrom the one shot included in the Holy War TPB.

So here DC creates a really cool concept and then does nothing with it. Just makes me wonder what the editorial staff thinks sometimes.

Eugene Selassie
11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Or waiting 3-4 years to do something with The Question, Batwoman, the Great Ten, etc...

HaphazardJoy
11-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Or waiting 3-4 years to do something with The Question, Batwoman, the Great Ten, etc...

But now that they ARE doing something with Batwoman, it is sweeeeet.

Eugene Selassie
11-21-2009, 07:22 PM
But now that they ARE doing something with Batwoman, it is sweeeeet.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it is amazing.

I just wished DC would show more business savvy at times.
I think overall, they put out a higher number of well crafted comics than Marvel, but Marvel is more on the ball when it comes to taking advantage of something that is hot (Nova after Annihilation, Guardians of the Galaxy after Conquest, MI:13 during Secret Invasion, Avengers:The Initiative and The Order after Civil War).