PDA

View Full Version : Punisher... WTF???

Ian Ascher
11-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Ive never been a big huge fan on the Punisher but what the hell are they doing.....?

Daken slices the Punisher into body parts and now he's ressurected as a Frankenstien Monster? Really? That's almost as bad and as lame as when they made him black back in the 90's. Wasn't it bad enough they made him a supernatural angel back then too?

Is anyone reading this run...? Am I crazy for thinking this is too out there for even the most one dimensional of characters?

zcotty
11-23-2009, 01:44 PM
There's some REEEEEEAAAALL scary stuff going on over at Marvel it seems. It's like they all got drunk out of their mind at one of the meetings. :confused:

HaphazardJoy
11-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Wasn't it bad enough they made him a supernatural angel back then too?

The Punisher was Ghost Rider?!
:blink:

Eugene Selassie
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
The Punisher was Ghost Rider?!
:blink:

Oh, WOW. You weren't around for that debacle? LOL

Thats almost as bad as if they tried to take Earth's Mightiest Heroes and turned them into a crime noir...

Oh, never mind. :har:

BKMDog
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Daken slices the Punisher into body parts and now he's ressurected as a Frankenstien Monster? Really?

Wasn't this more or less the plot of Christopher's movie in: "The Sopranos"? :laugh:

Mark Bertolini
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
The only thing redeeming this is the title: FrankenCastle. That's funny.

And Rick Remender's writing it, so I have (a little) faith.

BIGROD
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
This particular volume of The Punisher was pretty decent with Frank taking on supervillians. It's sad that it's jumped the shark already.

Paul Sanderson
11-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Ive never been a big huge fan on the Punisher but what the hell are they doing.....?

Daken slices the Punisher into body parts and now he's ressurected as a Frankenstien Monster? Really? That's almost as bad and as lame as when they made him black back in the 90's. Wasn't it bad enough they made him a supernatural angel back then too?

Is anyone reading this run...? Am I crazy for thinking this is too out there for even the most one dimensional of characters?

You're not crazy, Ian. Those currently running Marvel are.

HaphazardJoy
11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh, WOW. You weren't around for that debacle?

No, there was a big stretch when I was a teenager where the only shop in town had closed down and the next closest was too far away for my car-less ass. I've filled in a lot of my New and Uncanny X-men back issues, but I'm starting to feel less bad about missing out on some of these other gems of which people speak.

Eugene Selassie
11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
No, there was a big stretch when I was a teenager where the only shop in town had closed down and the next closest was too far away for my car-less ass. I've filled in a lot of my New and Uncanny X-men back issues, but I'm starting to feel less bad about missing out on some of these other gems of which people speak.

I think Joe Q got things in check around late 2000 early 2001. Punisher by Ennis/Dillon, Daredevil by he and Kevin Smith and later Bendis/Maleev, New X-men by Morrison/Quitely, Fantastic Four by Waid/Wieringo, Avengers by Geoff Johns, etc...
I miss those times. :cry:

Moonrider
11-23-2009, 07:11 PM
I have one issue of the Marvel Knights Wolverine/Punisher crossover featuring that particular 'angelic avenger' version of Frank Castle. His powers was pretty cool, actually (magic trenchcoat that can pull out any weapon you want), but he just didn't act like The Punisher at all.

N Hammer
11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Read Punisher Max instead. It's old school kill'm all Frank

JLillustrator
11-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought that it was a great sendoff for Frank Castle. Being the kind of soldier he is, the kind of enemies he created and the way he lived (and died and lived again), was anyone expecting him to die in his sleep of old age? He went down fighting all the way, using every trick he could use and standing firm in his convictions and true to his character.

What seems false is how he was brought down by a character barely a couple of years in existence, that had no ties to the Punisher. The best Marvel could do was have a Wolverine knockoff kill good old Frank? No love for the Castle.

I wonder if anyone in the Marvel universe gives a crap that Daken killed Frank Castle. Will Spider-man, Captain America, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Wolverine or anyone else he's helped or interacted with, give a damn?

The new adventures of the corpse of Frank Castle isn't a book I'll support. Good luck to Marvel in this new direction.

ponyrl
11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
What seems false is how he was brought down by a character barely a couple of years in existence, that had no ties to the Punisher. The best Marvel could do was have a Wolverine knockoff kill good old Frank? No love for the Castle

That's the whole shtick of the big two comic publishers today.