PDA

View Full Version : Dark Reign-The List Punisher (Minor Spoilers)

OZ!
11-15-2009, 12:56 AM
WTF?!?

On a secondary note, Who here was hoping Punisher would kill Daken so he would shut up? Lecturing a dude on being clumsy and old when if not for a healing factor he would have already been dead four times over?

Now I wanna know what HAMMER has planned.

HaphazardJoy
11-15-2009, 08:59 AM
WTF indeed, to "The List" in general. As in: WTF is the point? They're now doing shitty sub-events inside shitty crossovers and there STILL isn't any semblance of organisation or direction.

Eugene Selassie
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
WTF indeed, to "The List" in general. As in: WTF is the point? They're now doing shitty sub-events inside shitty crossovers and there STILL isn't any semblance of organisation or direction.

LMFAO!!!!
I don't want to say "I told y'all so" because I did predict this 4-5 years ago that we'd get to this point.

This ain't the heyday of Morrison's New X-men, Bendis/Maleev Daredevil and Ennis Punisher that's allowed to kick ass in their own right and not get dragged into events.

HaphazardJoy
11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Well, the even if I am an X-fan first and foremost, I still maintain that they've remained quality for the most part. Even if the Dark Reign crossover stuff is crap, X-Force, New Mutants, Uncanny, and up-until-a-recent-event-and-perhaps-once-the-memory-fades X-Factor are all pretty kickass. Astonishing is good, but Ellis needs to find his story... a lot of his other work is similar, drifting around the characters and their world until the story emerges, but with the X-Men we know the characters already and a lot of the novelty is gone, so either dig deeper or tell a great story.

Eugene Selassie
11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Well, the even if I am an X-fan first and foremost, I still maintain that they've remained quality for the most part. Even if the Dark Reign crossover stuff is crap, X-Force, New Mutants, Uncanny, and up-until-a-recent-event-and-perhaps-once-the-memory-fades X-Factor are all pretty kickass. Astonishing is good, but Ellis needs to find his story... a lot of his other work is similar, drifting around the characters and their world until the story emerges, but with the X-Men we know the characters already and a lot of the novelty is gone, so either dig deeper or tell a great story.

As an Avengers fan, I was robbed of She Hulk, Ms Marvel hasn't been good since before Civil War, Black Panther finally has a good writer, but a different Panther, Namor's mini was too heavily tied into the Illuminati stuff, Thor just lost JMS, Fraction's Iron Man story dragged on to where I'm ambivalent and the same thing is happening with Captain America Reborn.

Thank God I have Slott/Gage's Mighty Avengers and Avengers the Initiative. If I didn't have those...possible seppuku. LOL

Troy Wall
11-16-2009, 05:28 PM
This ain't the heyday of Morrison's New X-men, Bendis/Maleev Daredevil and Ennis Punisher that's allowed to kick ass in their own right and not get dragged into events.

You're right. And it scares the shit outta me the way things are heading.

Eugene Selassie
11-16-2009, 06:52 PM
You're right. And it scares the shit outta me the way things are heading.

God...I'm not one of those people that puts everything from Morrison on a pedestal...

but DAMN, I miss Grant's X-men stuff...much better than his more recent output (Batman and Robin and All Star Superman being the exceptions).

I'm one of 6 people on Earth that actually prefer current Beast than Wolverine haired old Beast.

It DID spiral in the end, but I'm thinking that's because of Grant's signing the DC exclusive and the shit storm that caused w editorial at Marvel...

HaphazardJoy
11-16-2009, 08:06 PM
For the umpteenth time I'll point out that Grant Morrisson's UXM run left me cool.

I LOVE the current Beast, don't really miss the old Beast at all except that they rarely show this version of Beast as having any agility or strength... which IS his mutant power after all; they showed how he lacked the manual dexterity with his paws, but shouldn't he still be otherwise able? The whole furry thing being a biproduct of experimentation on himself. No no no, what bothers me is how cutesy the whole damned thing was with a handful of mutants gaining "secondary mutations"... Beast... the dude who was originally just extremely strong and agile and codenamed Beast is now literally, a Beast... in fact, he's damn near a ripoff of some renditions of Beast from Beauty and the Beast. WTF is that all about?! If they had made it something done intentionally by The High Evolutionary, that would at least make some sort of sense, but the whole High Evolution giving mutantkind their powers back after stealing them, only to have a handful transform further, only to subsequently ignore and write off this "new development" (I'm look at you Emma Frost) was just moronic. I hate when eds let stupid, half-hearted ideas get through and then retcon them when they inevitably fail.

Eugene Selassie
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
For the umpteenth time I'll point out that Grant Morrisson's UXM run left me cool.

I LOVE the current Beast, don't really miss the old Beast at all except that they rarely show this version of Beast as having any agility or strength... which IS his mutant power after all; they showed how he lacked the manual dexterity with his paws, but shouldn't he still be otherwise able? The whole furry thing being a biproduct of experimentation on himself. No no no, what bothers me is how cutesy the whole damned thing was with a handful of mutants gaining "secondary mutations"... Beast... the dude who was originally just extremely strong and agile and codenamed Beast is now literally, a Beast... in fact, he's damn near a ripoff of some renditions of Beast from Beauty and the Beast. WTF is that all about?! If they had made it something done intentionally by The High Evolutionary, that would at least make some sort of sense, but the whole High Evolution giving mutantkind their powers back after stealing them, only to have a handful transform further, only to subsequently ignore and write off this "new development" (I'm look at you Emma Frost) was just moronic. I hate when eds let stupid, half-hearted ideas get through and then retcon them when they inevitably fail.

I don't think that Grant's ideas failed so much as editorial had ulterior motives for erasing ALL of Grant's concepts immediately after he leaves Marvel.