PDA

View Full Version : The Siege

Ian Ascher
11-10-2009, 06:20 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=31751

Some of these teaser images look pretty good.

I also like Marvel's plans to keep their event books for the next year or two at 4 issues/months instead of six to ten as they have been.

Biofungus
11-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm confused.

HaphazardJoy
11-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Meh, we'll see.

Eugene Selassie
11-11-2009, 12:23 PM
This is such a double edged sword.

I LOVE the fact that Rogers, Stark and Odinson are reuniting...

Just wish it was written by someone who actually "gets" these characters.

He's written a nice story or two with Tony, but when it comes to Cap or Thor, he misses the mark.

HaphazardJoy
12-03-2009, 09:05 PM
See, this oneshot that came out this week was pretty good, but come on. Like always, it reeks of unrealized potential. Norman's Cabal has disintegrated, and with it a hundred cool stories that could have been told.

Biofungus
12-03-2009, 09:23 PM
I tire of Osborne. The editors and writers have given him WAY too much power.

Troy Wall
12-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Man, I really expected to find out who Osborn's "secret weapon" is in today's SIEGE: THE CABAL. No such luck.

All we got was Taskmaster spazzing out at the sight of who/what ever it is.

RandallFlagg
12-04-2009, 02:45 AM
I like that in this and Thor, Doom is proving just what a badass he truly is. He is ruthless and extremely powerful. It's awesome.

Soullessmwe
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Not so fast. Marvel plans for the next big summer event is a 24 book. So, ya, they lied again about wanting to keep these event things from getting to big.

Mark Bertolini
12-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Not so fast. Marvel plans for the next big summer event is a 24 book. So, ya, they lied again about wanting to keep these event things from getting to big.

Where did you hear that? Everything I've read has indicated 4 issues max, going forward. 24 issues for a summer event? That's 2 years worth of stories, if its contained to a single book. That doesn't make much sense.

pi0trov
12-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Still supposed to be 4 issues, but counting the tie-ins you're "supposed" to read, it's over 30. And that's all in the span of 4 months (assuming, y'know, they all come out on time...). Newsarama just had a bit about it, here:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/12/04/marvels-new-smaller-event-is-still-pretty-big/

Ian Ascher
12-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Man, I really expected to find out who Osborn's "secret weapon" is in today's SIEGE: THE CABAL. No such luck.

All we got was Taskmaster spazzing out at the sight of who/what ever it is.

Based on what we saw in the one shot, none of the images in the ad should be Osborn's secret weapon.

X-Man and Scarlet Witch don't fire green bolts of energy that would take out Doom (or a Doom-bot). Mephisto, the Beyonder, and the Molcule Man could take Doom apart with a thought... no need for a blast of energy. It's not Thanos but it could have something to do w/ the Infinity Gem Stark had in his possession. I'd need to go back and look to see which one he was in possession of.

My thought... as goofy as it sounds... Osborn's secret weapon is a New Green Goblin of some kind. The discussion he was having with his mask in the beginning and the green energy work into that better than anything else.

EDIT: Stark was given the Yellow Gem... the Reality Gem. So Osborn could bend and shape reality as he sees fit if he ever got his hands on it.

Troy Wall
12-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Based on what we saw in the one shot, none of the images in the ad should be Osborn's secret weapon.

X-Man and Scarlet Witch don't fire green bolts of energy that would take out Doom (or a Doom-bot). Mephisto, the Beyonder, and the Molcule Man could take Doom apart with a thought... no need for a blast of energy. It's not Thanos but it could have something to do w/ the Infinity Gem Stark had in his possession. I'd need to go back and look to see which one he was in possession of.

My thought... as goofy as it sounds... Osborn's secret weapon is a New Green Goblin of some kind. The discussion he was having with his mask in the beginning and the green energy work into that better than anything else.

EDIT: Stark was given the Yellow Gem... the Reality Gem. So Osborn could bend and shape reality as he sees fit if he ever got his hands on it.

A part of me wants to say Osborn's secret weapon is the Void. Norman has always had an intense interest in the Sentry. But I just want to think that because it would be way cool (to me, at least).

If it were my story, I'd have the secret weapon be the Void. All hyped up and uber powerful because Osborn has severed its dependence to Bob Reynolds. Maybe kept in check only because Osborn could take away Void's autonomy and force him to be a part of the Sentry again.

The Void is quite freaky looking...maybe that's why Scourge was jumping up and down pissing his pants. But, never known the Void to shoot green energy bolts.

Vote for Void. Way cooler than anyone like Mephisto.

Soullessmwe
12-08-2009, 12:26 AM
The New Event will be a cosmic one where the Kree get a new King. And all of Marvel will be taking part in it. Thats all I can say.... Or is it? As far as the Void. Nope it's in Scott Summers now. or the part that Marvel wants you to see. Osborn's secret weapon is none of the above. Your really not going to like it when you do see who it is. :cry:

RandallFlagg
12-08-2009, 12:39 AM
X-Man?

ponyrl
12-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Woooooooowwwwwww. Just by reading the responses in this thread makes me shy away from looking at this. :huh:

HaphazardJoy
12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
The Void is not inside Scott Summers, a sliver of the Void's essence is. Why? Who knows, I'm tempted to say who cares. Why go for Scott Summers when you already had Emma Frost, who is now referred to as being Omega-class... I swear, if they start throwing that phrase around, I'll puke. Apocalypse spent a good while bouncing around in Scott's head, it must just be the go-to place for villains to go on holiday.

Troy Wall
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
WTF? In what comics did the Void start f'ing with the X-Men?

HaphazardJoy
12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Enh, it was a month or so ago. It's been playing out in Uncanny X-men, but I forget if it started in Uncanny or in an Avengers book. Basically, Emma Frost has played psychic counselor to Sentry multiple times over the years, and this past time part of the Void gets inside her head before she can break contact. So since then she's been stuck in diamond form for fear of what it could do to her mind. To help her try and get rid of it Scott is projected into her head, which is apparently what the Void wanted the all along, yada yada, and now it's in Scott's head.

Troy Wall
12-09-2009, 02:14 AM
I like Fraction, but I'm reluctant to try Uncanny because I've never been able to get into it. Morrison's New X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing X-Men are the only X books I've truly enjoyed. Oh, and Millar's 30 or so issues of Ultimate X-Men.

HaphazardJoy
02-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't care about the related titles, don't care about Dark Reign, but Siege itself is friggin' awesome.

Sentry just ripped Ares in half, literally, and issue 2 ended with the reflection of Cap's shield shown flying at Osborn's head.

PC812
02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't care about the related titles, don't care about Dark Reign, but Siege itself is friggin' awesome.

Sentry just ripped Ares in half, literally, and issue 2 ended with the reflection of Cap's shield shown flying at Osborn's head.
That moment garnered an eye roll from me. They have to censor swears used in PG-13 movies but something like this is completely kosher?

Illogical censorship hurts my brain.

HaphazardJoy
02-05-2010, 04:54 PM
In America, violence is cool. Sexification is cool. Actual nudity and swearing, now, that's out of bounds.

hellblazer72
02-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I like Fraction, but I'm reluctant to try Uncanny because I've never been able to get into it. Morrison's New X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing X-Men are the only X books I've truly enjoyed. Oh, and Millar's 30 or so issues of Ultimate X-Men.

i think fraction's using too big of a cast, instead of just having a core team and switching members out ever so often(kind of what claremont used to do).

PC812
02-22-2010, 05:42 AM
i think fraction's using too big of a cast, instead of just having a core team and switching members out ever so often(kind of what claremont used to do).
I agree. I think if Fraction had a rotating cast for each mission, it would be better. As it stands now, it seems like he doesn't know what to do with the characters.

I think Fraction works better on solo titles. I just caught up on Invincible Iron Man and it's far superior to UXM.

HaphazardJoy
03-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm eating this stuff up, I can't wait for the last issue. This Sentry story is making me giddy.

PC812
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
I really enjoyed issue #3. A lot of the stuff I usually criticize Bendis for weren't present in this issue. I thought it had a good pace, good action, and if this is how Bendis is going to write the new Avengers book, then I'm a lot more excited about that.

captainarian
04-06-2010, 02:19 PM
it's void.

HaphazardJoy
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
it's void.

Erm, what?

JamieRoberts
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
it's void.
Erm, what?
it's void.

HaphazardJoy
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
... are you trying to tell me something? What am I missing here? Yes, the Void is a major part of this story too, you'd need to have been hit in the head by a stray pitch not to catch that.

JamieRoberts
04-06-2010, 07:49 PM
No, I was just playing about, creating conversations I wasn't involved in. Sorry!

I haven't been following Siege at all. Dropped all Avengers books apart from Mighty when the price rise took effect, so I'm not invested at all. I also really disagree with Bendis' handling of The Sentry and The Void. The original mini was great, but what's come since has been dull.

What's the big draw with Siege, other than the aftermath? That's the part I'm looking forward to. Maybe Asgard stuff leaves me cold. I dunno.

HaphazardJoy
04-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I've been loving the Asgard stuff lately myself. This is clearly just the wrap up to the story started in New Avengers years ago, and a prompt for the transition to the next chapter for the 616, but it's not awful. What's been going on in Siege and the Siege tie-ins totally rewrites Sentry and hints at the Void being biblical in nature.

JamieRoberts
04-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Hmm. Not sure what I think of that. Then again, it's doing nothing but saving me money.

HaphazardJoy
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Like I said, I've been loving it, but then I hate uber-characters like The Sentry generally anyway so I was never a big fan, thus I had no ill feelings about the retcon aside from general misgivings about retcon.