PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Comics!!!

Ian Ascher
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm going to post this here and if it needs to be moved then all by means, relocate it where it's best suited.

I'm really no good at this kind of thing so bear with me....

A friend of mine's nephew, Sam, is going to have surgery on Friday. He has bone cancer and they need to take his leg to try and save his life. Even after the surgery he's not out of the woods. The cancer has spread through his body. His doctors are optimistic he can make it through treatment and survive.

Sam loves Spiderman.

I've already given him a stack of Spiderman books out of my own collection but I want to do more for him and this is the only thing I can think of.

If anyone out there has any Spiderman comics they can part with and are willing to donate to Sam, anything at all, please let me know.

PM me or post here and I'll PM you back with an address to send them to.

Thanks....

Ian

Ian Ascher
10-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Quick Update:

Sam is recovering from his surgery. It took five and a half hours to remove his right leg. As soon as he's strong enough he'll begin radiation and chemo to keep what cancer is left at bay.

I've heard from a few of you so far and thanks for getting what you can together.

I know my original post said Spiderman comics, because Spiderman is his number one guy, but I'm sure he'd love to get anything any of you are able to donate. New, old, mint or coverless, it's not going to matter.

Thanks again....

Biofungus
10-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Damn, I don't even have access to my long boxes :( I hope Sam recovers quickly though (I know somebody else who lost his leg to bone cancer. Unfortunately it tends to go right from the leg, to the lungs. I hope they are able to zap it before it gets that far).

Ian Ascher
11-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Damn, I don't even have access to my long boxes :( I hope Sam recovers quickly though (I know somebody else who lost his leg to bone cancer. Unfortunately it tends to go right from the leg, to the lungs. I hope they are able to zap it before it gets that far).

No worries man...

It did start to spread into his lungs but they feel they can save him w/ treatments which is why they took the leg.