PDA

View Full Version : Necrosha (spoilers inside)

HaphazardJoy
10-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Well, the event has begun, and I'm not seeing anything to hate about it yet, that's for sure. It seems separate from all of nonsense with Dark Reign, and they're hitting some right notes here in my book. Especially the first issue in New Mutants.

.................................................. .

Especially the treatment of Doug Ramsay in the New Mutants related stuff, it's spot on, and I think it's pretty stellar writing for a superhero book. Doug, being able to read the hidden context of his former teammates' body language, tells what everyone is really thinking via captions. The interaction of Xavier with the New Mutants is excellent.

So far the list of the notable returns are pretty interesting. John Proudstar, Pyro, Destiny, Cypher, the Hellions, Caliban. And the body count includes gravely wounded Magma, Wolfsbane, and a seemingly deactivated Warlock.

Other reveals being that Selene intends to make her new new high city on Genosha, and that Blindfold is the daughter of Destiny.

buhe
10-29-2009, 03:42 AM
I remember Doug being teased because some of his teammates thought he had a useless power, while I always knew that because he can decipher computer language, he could hack into a computer controlling missles and nuke someone which practically made him one of the most powerful mutants on the planet until some EM field knocks out all the computers.

That body language stuff should allow him to predict someones moves which is probably why he was kicking butt in that preview.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMpromobanner.gif
http://www.comicmonsters.com/

HaphazardJoy
10-29-2009, 07:01 AM
That body language stuff should allow him to predict someones moves which is probably why he was kicking butt in that preview.

Yep, that and being undead driven by magically tampered t-o.

MichaelTyler
10-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I have to agree, though it's a bit sad that the writers never fully utilized him (in this way) earlier. Loved the narrative where they showed the break downs of what was said and what was meant.

HaphazardJoy
11-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Banshee is back, why didn't I remember him being so very dead, they even brought it up in X-Factor a couple of weeks ago.