PDA

View Full Version : comics on the iphone/ipod touch platform

OZF5
10-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Who reads comics on the iphone/ipod touch? What are the good ones out there? I've been adapting ozf5 for an iphone app and have been looking around for the best currently out there.
Ramon

NaveenM
10-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Comixology.

OZF5
10-26-2009, 10:59 PM
How about specific titles? and if you like a particular reader, why? I downloaded the free first installment of Umbrella Academy last week and I like the presentation on the iphone format, but it doesn't blow my mind...I think there is more potential with the format. The Ozf5 iphone app will have some different features, but what do people want to see in this format?

theflash
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
We've had good response to the viewer we're using. The comic is called Fallen Justice, it's put out on the iPhone by Graphicslab2 if you're inclined to check it out. Folks say they like it because of ease of use.

Crestmere
10-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Is there a WOWIO style site for iphone comics?

loki5
10-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Check out:

iVerse (http://www.iversecomics.com/submissions/)

Robot Comics (http://www.robotcomics.net/) (they adapt them for both the iPhone and Google Android platforms)

I personally don't have an iPhone, but comics I've done for IDW are all available on the iPhone, plus I'm developing a creator-owned comic with Robot Comics. They're good people.

OZF5
11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Well, the first installment of ozf5 finally made it to the itunes store!

One very cool thing about the ozf5 app is that you can swipe down and see the pencils and inks on separate layers (only pencils in the first episode because the prologue wasn't inked). So if anyone wants to check it out here's the link (if you search on the itunes store it is under Return to OZ)

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/return-to-oz/id339077909?mt=8

I'll probaly post another thread at some time with more info and maybe my philosophy for adapting comics to this format. In the meantime, I am still working on the later episodes so if anyone else has suggestions for well designed apps that I should check out please let me know. And if you check out ozf5, let me know what you think.

Ramon

fbwash
11-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Has anyone had any good luck with Comic XP?