PDA

View Full Version : Blackest Night Batman >>SPOILERS<<

Ian Ascher
10-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Ok... so is it just me or did we miss something here...?

Batman and Red Robin encase themselves in ice and the Black Lanters just go away. At first I thought maybe they died and Deadman brought them back because Batman tells him to be ready to revive them but:

A: When Deadman frees Red Robin, Red Robin tells Deadman to free Batman before it's too late, indicating they didn't die.

B: Deadman's powers don't include resurection of others.

C: If they died there would have been black rings and they would have risen.

And once they were free/revived why wouldn't the Black Lanterns sense them again and return? Did the writer miss the mark or is there something more here?

Confusing story element aside, I thought it was cool Etrigan was gray and the Black Lantern symbol was just a bunch of squiggly lines.

Moonrider
10-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Haven't read it, but I believe the artist is Indonesian. That makes me kinda happy as a fellow countryman. :)

Knuckles
10-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I thought that they froze them to the point of death, but not quite there. Making them seem dead, confusing the black Lanterns. Also, if they see in the emotion of the person, then almost dead and frozen would have no emotion to see.

Ian Ascher
10-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Given everything we've seen the Black Lanterns do to this point, that's a flimsy way out at best.