PDA

View Full Version : Haunt #1

Ian Ascher
10-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Cool book....

I like the concept for the character. Very cool visuals.

The first issue read a little too quick for me, jumping through the major points to give us the characters and the set up quick enough to show us the payoff at the end.

All in all, a fun read.

Rob Norton
10-12-2009, 01:48 AM
i thought it was okay. a little to "spawn" like for me. it read like that title. same kinda pacing and ....i dont know... FEEL.

plus..military guy that gets killed and comes back all supernatural like. thats spawn right there.

i hope it gets a bit better. artistically..ottley is always awesome. inks by mcfarlane are giving it a different vibe... which is cool.

all in all...it was ... okay...

rob

Biofungus
10-12-2009, 02:00 AM
MacFarlane has always been a terrible inker. If you remember seeing the inks he did over Capullo in Spawn, people used to say Capullo was a MacFarlane clone. Yet if you see the original pencils before Todd's inks, totally different feel. It's like Todd can't simply enhance the pencils, he must warp them to fit his style.

William Blankenship
10-12-2009, 03:58 AM
I'd agree with Bio, but I'll also say I grew up reading Spawn and those inks on Capullo are automatically appealing to me. Throw Ottley in to balance the form and I just jizzed all over my good pants.

Story was a bit jumpy and confusing at points though. This was probably the first comic in many months that I read the same day I bought it.

Pope 3!LL