PDA

View Full Version : Comics worth the cover price...

Ian Ascher
10-06-2009, 06:50 PM
With discussion about how much comics cost, how bad the story/art might be, and how few people are buying now, I'm curious to hear what many of you think is actualy worth the cover price.

Right now the books for me are:

Batwoman in Detective Comics - $3.99
Greg Rucka and JH Williams III are doing some amazing work on the book and the Question back up w/ Rucka and Hamner is just as good.

Criminal/Incognito - $3.50
Brubaker and Phillips are crafting some amazing stories, different from your typical superhero fare in these titles. Plus each book gives you some good text pieces on other novels, movies, pulps, and other stuff that influences the books.

Invincible Iron Man - $2.99
Matt Fraction and Salvador Larocca have done a good job of making me care about Tony Stark again, turning himfrom ass hole to tragic hero.

Hellboy and B.P.R.D. - $2.99
Some of the most consistant horror/sci-fi comics to come out inthepast 10 years. Always top notch art and writing in a very self contained universe.

ponyrl
10-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Spider Girl: $2.99

It made made me believe that the comics I enjoyed were not gone, the writing by defalco & the growth of frenz' style w/ buscema's inks, and I even got used to the coloring and was being drawn back...but look where that ended up.