PDA

View Full Version : Would Like Your Opinion on our New Comic Book Trailer

oratliliff7306@wow
10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Ratti Entertainment Inc. has just finished an action packed martial arts comic book trailer for it's feature film franchise comic book entitled "Black Salt; The Last Heroes Left". We would love your opinion on the trailer!

Comic book trailer: http://www.comicbooktrailers.com/?c=238

Thank You very much!

Owen :slap:

NaveenM
10-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Who did the VO? Sounds familiar.

HouseStark
10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi there,

Here's my 2 cents. By the looks of the art, it’s supposed to be an action comic, but the music and the narrator's voice are slow and tired (even the action was in slow motion), making the trailer feel a bit longish and dragged out. Instead of being pumped up about the comic, I wanted to take a nap. The music kind of reminded me of what you’d find in anime trailers, so if that was your goal was to emulate anime trailers, then it worked on that level. Sometimes slow music and high-action can work, the Beowulf movie trailer and the Halo commercial comes to mind, but I think it falls flat in this case.

In addition, I was bombarded with visuals of senseless violence. Visually, it didn’t tell me what’s differentiates your comic from every other action comic out there. I guess I could have gotten this info from the narrator, but his voice is so fatigued and monotone, that I really didn’t pay attention.

Also,. A

Also, every guy who gets cut open screams the same “aaahhhhhh”. Just a quibble, but kind of annoying.

Not trying to bag, just giving you my feedback.

kamikaze
10-02-2009, 09:08 PM
i gotta admit that site is outstanding. I liked the black salt trailer but the music did drag a bit. I liked the narrator part, though. the battle hymn trailer music hits right on the mark. I would like my webcomic pimped out like that when I finish it!

Scribbly
10-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Very good stuf there.
Congratulations!

ponyrl
10-03-2009, 05:17 PM
It kinda said nothing about the book other than all knife work, and told me nothing about the characters.