PDA

View Full Version : Old Man Logan

PMarshall
09-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Okay so, this miniseries was one of my favorites to come along for awhile but....
after waiting for a couple months for the conclusion I couldn't wait to finally see logan use his claws and find out how he gets his vengence. And now that I read it I feel a little let down. I wanted alot more from this issue....sure McNiven's art is fantastic and I like the bonus material in the back. Also the story had a few funny moments like the hulk eating logan and I like the western vibe of it, but is that it?? I wanted more...anybody with me?

Eugene Selassie
09-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Okay so, this miniseries was one of my favorites to come along for awhile but....
after waiting for a couple months for the conclusion I couldn't wait to finally see logan use his claws and find out how he gets his vengence. And now that I read it I feel a little let down. I wanted alot more from this issue....sure McNiven's art is fantastic and I like the bonus material in the back. Also the story had a few funny moments like the hulk eating logan and I like the western vibe of it, but is that it?? I wanted more...anybody with me?

Hate to say to you all that I told you so...
I KNEW this was going to be a fart in the wind, just like FF was, just like 1985 was, just like the final act of Enemy of the State was and just like Civil War was.
Even though the concept was sound, there was no way that a satisfying enough ending was going to come of this.
McNiven did some heavy lifting and his art looked much less static than in the past.
But this really should've been a miniseries. Locking up his main title for this long and such a whopper of a delay...that kind of shit should not be allowed.
As long as we have the fans that don't care if a book is over a year late, as long as it has the same creative team on it, STUFF LIKE THIS WILL KEEP HAPPENING.

Mark Bertolini
09-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I kinda want to see what came next, with Logan heading out to take down the villains with the inbred mutant baby of Bruce Banner strapped to his back.

That's the story that I want to see.

But I enjoyed this. It was mindless, fun, and entertaining. And nothing beats Logan and Hawkeye booting around in the Spider-Mobile.

Phatman
09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
But I enjoyed this. It was mindless, fun, and entertaining. And nothing beats Logan and Hawkeye booting around in the Spider-Mobile.

Word.

RandallFlagg
09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Did they ever explain what happened to the Super Soldier Serum Hawkeye was carting around? I read this series at work on breaks, so I can't really go back and check.

Biofungus
09-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Did they ever explain what happened to the Super Soldier Serum Hawkeye was carting around? I read this series at work on breaks, so I can't really go back and check.
It was taken into "custody" by the Red Skull employed S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

Rob Norton
09-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Hate to say to you all that I told you so...
I KNEW this was going to be a fart in the wind, just like FF was, just like 1985 was, just like the final act of Enemy of the State was and just like Civil War was.
Even though the concept was sound, there was no way that a satisfying enough ending was going to come of this.
McNiven did some heavy lifting and his art looked much less static than in the past.
But this really should've been a miniseries. Locking up his main title for this long and such a whopper of a delay...that kind of shit should not be allowed.
As long as we have the fans that don't care if a book is over a year late, as long as it has the same creative team on it, STUFF LIKE THIS WILL KEEP HAPPENING.

im so sick of your self righteous bitching.

you know how everything should be run and you blame everyone for your perceptions of whats wrong with everything.

Eugene Selassie
10-02-2009, 02:11 PM
im so sick of your self righteous bitching.

you know how everything should be run and you blame everyone for your perceptions of whats wrong with everything.

Ok...Free Speech now null and void because Rob Norton said so. More pate and shrimp cocktail to come.

:yawn:

Rob Norton
10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Ok...Free Speech now null and void because Rob Norton said so. More pate and shrimp cocktail to come.

:yawn:

now you make an argument about something that was never brought up or implied. (free speech?!?) you create talking points based on nothing discussed to make yourself sound ..again.. oh so self righteous. (to say nothing of the "crucifed" comment on the other thread) god you love being on the cross dont you. " i TOOOOLD you so. i TOLD you"

Eugene Selassie
10-02-2009, 04:44 PM
now you make an argument about something that was never brought up or implied. (free speech?!?) you create talking points based on nothing discussed to make yourself sound ..again.. oh so self righteous. (to say nothing of the "crucifed" comment on the other thread) god you love being on the cross dont you. " i TOOOOLD you so. i TOLD you"

Go jump back on your bandwagon.
Excuse me for daring to challenge what I see as inferior storytelling.