PDA

View Full Version : I found this interesting...

Ian Ascher
09-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Taken from a Newsarama article...

August 1999's top-seller was Uncanny X-Men #373, with preorders of approximately 116,300 copies in the direct market. It just got worse and worse for the direct market in the summer of 1999, with percentage drops in all categories. Interestingly, the number of copies of the Top 300 comics preordered that month, 6.77 million, is identical to the figure for ten years later, August 2009. However, the August 2009 comics had a retail value 31% higher, showing clearly the effect of cover prices.

Biofungus
09-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Showing the effect? There is no effect! I mean, sales have gone down in numbers, but the money they bring in is the same. It shows companies that the price increases are *good* for maintaining a certain level of income... Which sucks for the buyers.

TEXX_A-02
09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
well if they could write a better story then more readers would buy then they wouldnt need a price increase.Just IMO I think if most of the big ones would concentrate on a good story instead of revamping it every year with another version of something they wrote 20 years ago or so,then they wouldnt have to raise there prices or sell themselves off to the highest bidder.Course I also admit I'm not the smartest man on the earth but come on.......... :blink: