PDA

View Full Version : Hellblazer

Schwag_dog_01
09-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey guys I was searching the forums and I havent found anything talking about the hellblazer serires. it is one of my favorite series and I feel like discussing it with people who feel likewise or who dont favor it ( I always like to here the why something is good and why it isn't discussions). So if your a Hellblazer fan and wish discuss anything hellblazer or John Constantine Id love to here your opinion.

to give you some of my personal feelings on the comic. My favorite artist in the series so far has been Leonardo Manco i think the man had the perfect style for comic dark descriptive yet cheeky and edgy. not to mention the man had an taste for intricate line work detail that I personally love in comics. Although it would be a dream come true if Tim Bradstreet penciled entire issues as well as doing the covers, but thats just me. Since Im an artist and not a writer I cant really give any real great reasons why I like one writer over the other but as for personal taste I love Andy diggle. Cant quite pin point why but something about his writing is just addictive.

Biofungus
09-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I didn't even know this was an ongoing series...

Schwag_dog_01
09-15-2009, 09:06 PM
oh yeah man its been ongoing since it started in the 80s with Jamie Delano and and John Ridgeway. the Series has been done since then by writers like neil gaiman, Garth Ennis, and warren ellis. the latest ones have been pretty good, but I prefer the Diggle/Manco team.

Ian Ascher
09-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Did Neil Gaimen ever write anything for the ongoing?

This is a book I'll pick up off and on. I had the Ennis/Dillion run and I still own the Ellis issues. Both very good. Some creators on this book are better than others so I'll buy stories as the creative team grabs me. Someone recomended Diggle's run so I might seek it out at some point soon.

N Hammer
09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Gaiman wrote issue 27

Schwag_dog_01
09-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Diggle is a great wrtiter and he really got johns character just right he gave him a lot more humanity then Ive seen the other writers give John. He seemed a little cheeckier then others but he gave john an emotional deph that you didnt see as much in the previous teams.

Mark Bertolini
09-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Did Neil Gaimen ever write anything for the ongoing?

This is a book I'll pick up off and on. I had the Ennis/Dillion run and I still own the Ellis issues. Both very good. Some creators on this book are better than others so I'll buy stories as the creative team grabs me. Someone recomended Diggle's run so I might seek it out at some point soon.

Ian, I find you and I have interests in a lot of the same comics, and I loved Diggle's HB run. Well worth checking out.

Schwag_dog_01
09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I have never been able to get my hands on 27 how was it?

N Hammer
09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I have never been able to get my hands on 27 how was it?

It has been awhile since I read the story.

The issue was reprinted in a trade called NEIL GAIMAN'S MIDNIGHT DAYS (I believe that was the name.). I have the trade...may have to reread it.

I once had every issue of Hellblazer, well up to issue 220 I think. However, I had a need for some money and had to let them go. A very painful thing. Hellblazer has been my favorite comic for many years.

Schwag_dog_01
09-20-2009, 06:30 PM
thanks, sorry for your loss hopefully one day youll have them again don't know what id do if I didn't have mine to read for some inspiration every now and then I'm rereading The Devil You Know right now and working on a what if cover page for fun

Eugene Selassie
09-21-2009, 02:03 PM
I once had every issue of Hellblazer, well up to issue 220 I think. However, I had a need for some money and had to let them go. A very painful thing. Hellblazer has been my favorite comic for many years.

Damn that sucks man.
Hope you can recover those in trades or floppies from a convention.

Ian Ascher
09-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Ian, I find you and I have interests in a lot of the same comics, and I loved Diggle's HB run. Well worth checking out.

I'll be hitting Mid Ohio Con in the next few weeks. They're on my list. If not, I'll have to see if my store or my trade paperback connection can get them.

I had the entire Ennis/Dillion run at one time and sold them when I was really hard up for some cash. Those are issues I'd like to grab again as well.

I've never read the Gaiman issue. I'll have to hunt that down.

The Warren Ellis issue where John scares the reporter looking for him away with tales of London's secret underground remains one of my all time favorites.

Schwag_dog_01
09-22-2009, 04:48 PM
I'll be hitting Mid Ohio Con in the next few weeks. They're on my list. If not, I'll have to see if my store or my trade paperback connection can get them.

I had the entire Ennis/Dillion run at one time and sold them when I was really hard up for some cash. Those are issues I'd like to grab again as well.

I've never read the Gaiman issue. I'll have to hunt that down.

The Warren Ellis issue where John scares the reporter looking for him away with tales of London's secret underground remains one of my all time favorites.
didn't see that issue of ellis's but it sounds pretty good my favorite is the dangerous habits arch were John fucks the Devil up after he is diagnosed with cancer. that to me was pure John Constantine a man who could piss on the the devil and still get away with it.

Schwag_dog_01
09-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey guys I finished this a while back but since this is a hellblazer thread thought I'd post my fan cover as a tribute to the series
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt271/Champloo_01/Hellblazer-cover.jpg