PDA

View Full Version : FLash q.

captainarian
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
so i have the entire flash series before me... i haven't gone through reading them yet. but since i don't have the patience SOMEBODY ENLIGHTEN ME.

BARRY ALLEN IS BACK!

ok...ok, i went throught he issues, and the last issue that the flash was barry, it never showed barry die... i mean he was in prison, he killed zoom and then he went to the future with iris right? atleast that's what i saw, (i haven't read it yet), so the next thing i see, is flash volume 2 and wally is the man, and barry is dead... and i'm like... when did he die?

then in fastest man alive there's Bart...

so 2 questions...

1. did bart actually die?
2.where's wally? is he still the flash?
3. oh yeah, and when did barry die and how he came back :D

sorry i just can't go through 300 hundred issues so fast. i need to know.

theflash
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
I'll help you out. :)

Barry did in fact go to the future to be with Iris. For a while. But he came back during Crisis on Infinite Earths. While he was in the future he and Iris had two kids, Don and Dawn Allen.

Barry came back and basically saved the whole freakin' DC universe by faking out the Antimonitor and kicking his ass to save the day at the critical moment. In the process he ran so fast he entered the speed force and became one with the mysterious force that binds all speedsters together. Wally found his tattered costume, beat hell out of the Psycho Pirate and decided after a bit of angst and soul searching to carry on his uncle's legacy. He put on the big boy suit and became The Flash. And he KICKED ASS as the Flash! Wally was really good at his job, some would say better in many ways than Barry was. Wally was faster, but In my opinion he didn't have Barry's analytical mind. Wally was more run first and ask questions later. I'd put em pretty close personally.

Anyway, In the midst of Wally's run as the Flash, they introduced Bart Allen, Barry's grandson from the far future. Bart has his own set of problems, one of which being a problem with aging and his speed. The kid had more problems even than Wally did, being born with the speed and all. So Iris brought him back to our present to get help for Bart in both medical and in training because Bart has basically been raised by a VR simulation and wasn't very well adjusted to the dangers of real life.

Wally and Bart always had a very contentious relationship. They just didn't get along well. Wally was way more into his own thing and he didn't have the patience with Bart that Barry had shown Wally as a kid. So Bart's training fell to Jay Garrick and Max Mercury.

Wally joined the speed force a couple of times in his run, the final time seemed like the last, but we all know now that Flashes really don't die, they just enter and exit the speed force at need. When Wally left the last time, Bart was aged (and honestly I never found out how that happened) but he took on the mantle of the Flash in Wally's stead. That didn't last long and he was supposedly killed by his evil little clone to end that series.

Wally returned with his wife and two kids in tow, became the regular Flash again, and we suddenly cut to Barry's return. Barry had been in the speed force all that time, but he came running out of it during Final Crisis. He actually came a bit before that because Wally Bart and Barry all took on Superboy Prime in 52 and handed him his ass, but that was supposedly a back in time to the original crisis thing. This time, Barry was back for good. He's still got issues with his speed and this whole Bllack Flash thing, and the old school Professor Zoom is back now as well to harrass him, but yeah, Barry's back in the house. His new series that details all this is gonna be six or seven issues and the newest (#4) released either this week, or next week. So get in on some of that, it's awesome.

Wally is still around too, and he and Barry are both rocking the same suit, alibeit with some updates on Wally's version. It is unknown how that will be resolved. Some rumors have one of them changing colors, so we'll see.

Bart did in fact come back, is back to his original age (meaning younger than he was when he died) and is again a member of the Teen Titans. He's wearing Wally's old Kid Flash costume. The Legion of Super Heroes brought him back.

anyway, if you want the definitive scoop including the issues you need to read...check out this link (http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/) . It pretty much rocks.

Moonrider
08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Wally joined the speed force a couple of times in his run, the final time seemed like the last, but we all know now that Flashes really don't die, they just enter and exit the speed force at need. When Wally left the last time, Bart was aged (and honestly I never found out how that happened) but he took on the mantle of the Flash in Wally's stead. That didn't last long and he was supposedly killed by his evil little clone to end that series.

I think I got this. Supposedly, Bart spent a few years in an alternate earth keeping Superboy Prime at bay along with Barry, Wally, and a younger version of Jay Garrick, before returning in Infinite Crisis. The fact of this matter is pretty vague and I'm guessing it was just dismissed by Grant Morrisson when Final Crisis came out. It was retconned in the Lightning Saga arc of JLA/JSA and explained in Legion of Three Worlds. Brainy said that when he entered the speed force during Infinite Crisis, Bart's aging was again accelerated artificially and he was actually dying of old age in a matter of months. He lost his powers during his Fastest Man Alive title because the LSH bottled a part of him to be resurrected later. So basically they killed him to bring him back. Does that makes sense to you? It sounds wacky to me but it kinda worked within the story. I guess.

Paul Sanderson
08-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Barry is back (hopefully for good). I'm happy :D

captainarian
09-01-2009, 03:45 AM
wow,, thanks for taking the time guys... :D
thanks for enlightening me.

i'm sure change was needed. but i still like wally best. he's freakin cool. barry is too serious for me.

Paul Sanderson
09-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I like Wally too, but Barry will always be #1 for me.

Eugene Selassie
09-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Still upset about this.
I respect the hell out of Barry, but it was THE ONE DEATH in comics that still mattered.
AND Wally has been Flash just as long as Barry now and he's a great Flash at that.

Paul Sanderson
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
No death in comics matter.

hellblazer72
09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
wally would probably be the only flash if his last book didn't tank. besides jay of course

Eugene Selassie
09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
wally would probably be the only flash if his last book didn't tank. besides jay of course

It's not because Wally's book tank. Ok maybe it is, but that was because no one had a clue what to do once Johns left the book (that's why he had to come back not even 3 years later and do Rogue's Revenge, to fix the stuff that other writers had broken in the interim).

But it's mainly because some people can't let go of the early 1980's and want all comics characters to be like they were then.
Too many people in high level positions wear rose colored glasses.

Mwynn
09-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Uncle Ben and Don Hall.
Ben is very important, and Don is setting up to be important in Blackest Night.

Kevin Lee
09-11-2009, 05:51 AM

Well they fucking, pissing, shitting, wanking, bloody well should! :cry:

Paul Sanderson
09-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I agree, they should, and they used to. Very few deaths in modern comics last, however. There are exceptions, of course, but they're very few and far between.

Moonrider
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Correction: No death in American comics matter.
Deaths in Japanese mangas are mostly important and meaningful. Except in Dragon Ball.