PDA

View Full Version : New Mutants

HaphazardJoy
08-26-2009, 06:17 PM
This, along with X-Factor and X-Force, has had me retaining my faith in the X-Franchise lately. Really good book. While most of the other X-men books are tainted by the whole Dark Reign crossover bs, this stuff is awesome.

John Rauch
08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
And those colors!

Biofungus
08-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Ugh. Dark Reign. I've read two issues with Venom, and in both issues his opponents had highly specialized ways to defeat/repel him... Are the writers just copying each others scripts?

HaphazardJoy
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
And those colors!

Hahahahahahah, it's a good book across the board, but yeah, them colours! I wasn't even paying attention to who worked on it.

MichaelTyler
08-28-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm impressed with what X-Force has offered so far, really like that the X-titles are getting some depth.

Mark Bertolini
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Ugh. Dark Reign. I've read two issues with Venom, and in both issues his opponents had highly specialized ways to defeat/repel him... Are the writers just copying each others scripts?

Wait...you mean that's not how you write comics?

Biofungus
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Wait...you mean that's not how you write comics?
Well, usually you wait a little bit before copying each others scripts. You don't release those issues in the same month!

Eugene Selassie
08-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Well, usually you wait a little bit before copying each others scripts. You don't release those issues in the same month!

I WAS enjoying X-force...until the concept of Necrosha was unveiled.

Deadfish07
08-29-2009, 01:55 PM
I WAS enjoying X-force...until the concept of Necrosha was unveiled.

If the Necrosha deal can bring back Sabertooth and Omega Red from their lame deaths, then I'm all for it. Stupid Wolverine and his invincible sword.

Eugene Selassie
08-29-2009, 05:00 PM
If the Necrosha deal can bring back Sabertooth and Omega Red from their lame deaths, then I'm all for it. Stupid Wolverine and his invincible sword.

I know companies inadvertently might use a story concept that the other big company is using. It happens.

But it has happened ALOT over the past 6 years or so.

Identity Crisis/ Identity Disc

Suicide Squad relaunch/ Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts...

42/ Salvation Run

ESPECIALLY recently...

Cap Reborn/Batman R.I.P.

Necrosha/Black Lanterns

I almost wish the companies could coordinate so as to not have these similar story concepts occur at the same time.

One can only wish. LOL

Eugene Selassie
08-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh, and I didn't know Omega Red was dead.
When and where did this happen?

And, if I'm not mistaken, due to the nature of his powers and his resurrection in X-men vol 2 #4, wasn't he technically UNDEAD anyway?

Deadfish07
08-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Oops, that might have been spoilerish, but it happened in the recent Wolverine: Origin issue. Basically, Wolverine had his magic blade Fed Exed to him. Red, not knowing what the sword can do, openly invited Logan to do his worst. Wolverine, being his usual cheap self, stabs him in the chest. I don't think being undead will be much of a help, because the Muramasa blade can kill anything.

HaphazardJoy
08-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Bah, it hasn't even happened yet, how can you say it's not good? I don't read the news much, I'd rather be surprised, so I actually had to look up what Necrosha was. Then the question becomes though: bringing back dead mutants as undead soldiers... wait, mutants stay dead? Seriously though, what C-lister or above has actually remained dead? What, are they going to bring back Gideon? Aside from bringing back Doug and Warlock, both of whom I'm looking forward to, the only names I can think of to bring back would be some pretty meh worthy reveals. The only really cool "shockers" would be bringing back some dead family members like Jay Guthrie and John Proudstar.

toyfiend2004
08-30-2009, 09:50 PM
My guess is they are gonna somehow tie a re: re: re: re: resurrection of Jean Grey into this, what with both her and Selene being former Black Queens of the Hellfire Club. I hope not, but I think its gonna happen soon.

Kevin Lee
09-11-2009, 05:29 AM
X-Factor is a pile of shit. I mean, how can anybody like Simon Cowell? :D

HaphazardJoy
09-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow, the new art team that took over is something else. I've never seen anything quite like it... certainly not in an x-men book. I dig it.

terrioj9782
10-17-2009, 04:58 AM
I agree this is only my second month reading it, but it's good to see an X team not caught up with dark reign. I also feel all of them are being written just how they are suppose to be. I do think that Roberto/Sunspot characterization has reverted to his early/mid years of trying to be the cool guy. In X-force before counter x he was tired of living the playboy role until he joined the hellfire club which seem to have returned him to this root. He annoys me especially with the way he tried to come on to Rogue. I like the Dani/Sam relationship I think it honors the way they grew up as co-leaders. I hope Dani gets her powers back...

HaphazardJoy
10-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, of all the mutants that are screaming for a return to their powers, Mirage/Moonstar has got to be the most obvious pick. Obviously Magneto will be back in a big way this month anyway, and Rictor is almost more fun without powers... well, in Mr.David's hands anyway.