PDA

View Full Version : What comics are you reading? Aug 5 2009 Edition

L Jamal
08-06-2009, 09:41 AM
What comics are you grabbing (did you grab) off the shelf this week?

Mine are (keep in mind, I read most things in trade or hard cover format):
SAGA SOLOMON KANE TP
I'm a sucker for all Howard's characters. This collection fits nicely along side the Savage Sword of Conan books.

WEDNESDAY COMICS #5
My intentions were to read the first issue and drop the title in favor of the eventually collection, but Batman, Kamandi, Flash and Green Lantern keep me reading.

SAVAGE DRAGON #151
I'm a sucker for Erik Larsen's ongoing Dragon tales. This is one of the few books that I don't buy in trade.

BLOODRAYNE PRIME CUTS #4
Part of my blind support of Digital Webbing. I think I own/owned every single issue that came from DW. I buy BloodRayne primarily for the artists, but every now and then I read it as well.

Trades of current singles that I'm looking forward to:
ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE
Absolutely love the book. It's superheroes condensed to their essence and transformed to tell new stories featuring familiar faces. I recently checked out Local Heroes from the library after a long lapse in reading Astro City. Now I'm a fan again and need to get all the collections.

BATMAN AND ROBIN
Morrison and Quitely grabbed me with the first issue and as long as those that follow are 1/2 a strong, I'll follow this series until the end.

WARLORD
I'm a sucker for sword and sorcery books and DW alums. With Chad Hardin on the book, I'm guaranteed to pick it up just for the pretty pictures.

CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN
Brubaker has made Captain America a must read. I've been following this tale since issue 1 and I'm still along for the ride.

TERRY MOORES ECHO
Terry Moore is great writing character relationships. I awaited the SiP Omnibus (despite the slipcase) and I anxious to see where Echo is headed.

Mark Bertolini
08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I picked up Christos Gage's Absolution #1

Warren Ellis' Frankenstein's Womb

Jonathan Hickman's Pax Romana.

JamieRoberts
08-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Only the first trade of Transmetropolitan.

WilliamStormeSmith
08-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Irredeemable -- Plutonian is destined to be one of the memorable characters in comics history.

Wed. comics -- Ka-Zar, Strange Adventures, and Hawkman being personal favorites.

Justice League of America -- Len Wein has done a great job re-tooling the Royal Flush Gang.

Ultimatum -- It's kind of grown on me, and enough people died in the last issue, I'm looking forward to re-reading it from issue 1-5.

Uncanny Xmen -- Matt Fraction has really made this a fun read.

Thunderbolts, Agents of Atlas, R.E.B.E.L.S, X-Force, Secret Warriors, New Mutants, and Nova are some of my personal favorites right now.

JamieRoberts
08-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Wed. comics -- Ka-Zar, Strange Adventures, and Hawkman being personal favorites.
I'm assuming you mean Kamandi, since Ka-zar is a Marvel character.

WilliamStormeSmith
08-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes I did.