PDA

View Full Version : Legion of Three Worlds

Ian Ascher
07-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Complete at last and we learn the final fate of Superboy Prime.

I really liked it. The only thing that would have made this better is if it came out on time during Final Crisis. Aside from that, it was a beautiful book with some cool story twists.

I would really like to see more of the Wanderers.

ronin7
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Complete at last and we learn the final fate of Superboy Prime.

I really liked it. The only thing that would have made this better is if it came out on time during Final Crisis. Aside from that, it was a beautiful book with some cool story twists.

I would really like to see more of the Wanderers.

I saw the spoilers for the final issue of LOW on the Weekly Crisis. It looked horrible. At least Superwimp Whine is gone forever.

Ian Ascher
07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
He's not gone... he's right there with us as a fanboy who hates everything about new comics, sitting in his basement on the computer posting to message boards. LOL

It was a brilliant twist...

He's also still easily accessable to characters in the Multiverse.

Biofungus
07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
You mean somebody finally turned that turkey over and realized the pop up timer popped a long time ago?

ronin7
07-24-2009, 08:44 PM
He's not gone... he's right there with us as a fanboy who hates everything about new comics, sitting in his basement on the computer posting to message boards. LOL

It was a brilliant twist...

He's also still easily accessable to characters in the Multiverse.

It's an old tired joke. We are all fans -- the put downs on other fans doesn't make anyone cool, or better than anyone. Six years ago you would find me buying, or renting a lot of what Johns wrote such as Teen Titans and Green Lantern: Rebirth. Now, I don't buy anything he writes because his writing has veered into a direction I don't like. And I don't buy what I don't like.

Moonrider
07-24-2009, 09:58 PM
I wonder if Superboy Prime still have powers in his own world?

Ian Ascher
07-25-2009, 07:49 AM
It's an old tired joke. We are all fans -- the put downs on other fans doesn't make anyone cool, or better than anyone. Six years ago you would find me buying, or renting a lot of what Johns wrote such as Teen Titans and Green Lantern: Rebirth. Now, I don't buy anything he writes because his writing has veered into a direction I don't like. And I don't buy what I don't like.

No one is saying you have to buy it.

I agree with you that Geoff Johns doesn't hit it out of the park every time. We seem to differ on what projects we think he's done well on. I think Green Lantern has been superb from day one. I never liked his version of Teen Titans... at all. JSA was hit and miss. So was his Flash. He did a run on Avengers at Marvel which was good but nothing out of this world amazing.

I'll admit I probably would have bought LoTW no matter who was writting it so long as Perez was doing the pencils. He's one of those artists I grew up with and will still buy damn near anything he draws even if I never read the story (which is rare... I'll read damn near anything).

The fact that Johns took a small jab at all the people who jump on line and complain that comics aren't what they used to be, nothing is the same, and so on, was funny and was done in a very cool way. We've ALL done it. Sat at home by the glow of our monitor and dumped on a book or a character because it doesn't fit in with the way we view things as how it should be done. Right or wrong, it happens. This is really the only comic book message board I vist so if there's a backlash of angry fans, I haven't seen it.

I agree with you100%. Buy what you enjoy. Enjoy what you buy.

I wonder if Superboy Prime still have powers in his own world?

He doesn't appear to. I'm not sure if you've read it so I won't say any more unless you ask. But because everything he's done has been "recorded" in comics on Earth Prime, his family fears what he's become and walks around on egg shells in his presence.

An interesting twist is that his earth has a Legion of Superheroes that will be keeping an eye on him.

Moonrider
07-26-2009, 09:21 AM
An interesting twist is that his earth has a Legion of Superheroes that will be keeping an eye on him.

Interesting. If only we have that in our world. Which strangely, is the one Superboy Prime was supposed to come from. :blink:

By the way, anyone noticed that Superboy-Prime is essentially just another Jason Todd with superpowers?