PDA

View Full Version : Original Guardians of the Galaxy return this week!

Brother Zag
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
DnA are bringing back Charlie-27, Martinex, Yondu and Vance Astro, the original line-up of the Guardians of the Galaxy in this week's new GotG title. I'm looking forward to it, think it'll be fun. I'm consistently entertained by how DnA incorporate Marvel's past and present in creating their future.

Curious about the original line up I went back to my longboxes and pulled out the early Defenders issues the Guardians appeared in. Also picked up some issues of the 1990s series, as I wasn't reading comics then and wanted to see how their story had continued.

Decided to put my curiousity to good use - I've just written a two-part spotlight on the original team for Cosmic Book News. Part One is just out: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/articles/csogotg

Thought folks here might enjoy it, too.

Phatman
07-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Yondu is the man.

Eugene Selassie
07-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Yondu is the man.

No...you da man.

:slap:

Brother Zag
07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm more a fan of Aleta myself... Starhawk's okay, too... found out Jim Valentino hated Starhawk! I've got a second article coming up that covers his years. I think it comes out tomorrow.

ethanWright
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm a huge fan of the original. I have the entire run of the 90's book. I gotta get this! thanks for the heads up.

WilliamStormeSmith
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I have all of their first several appearances, was always a great team that never got real chance. Great article appreciated the history lesson!

Brother Zag
07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
I have all of their first several appearances, was always a great team that never got real chance. Great article appreciated the history lesson!

Thanks! I'll post the link for part two when it goes up.

Did you see the new issue? Pretty freakin' wild! And what an ending!

WilliamStormeSmith
07-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks! I'll post the link for part two when it goes up.

Did you see the new issue? Pretty freakin' wild! And what an ending!

Thanks, sounds awesome. I only go to the comic store every 2-3 weeks, so I'll pick it up tomorrow. This is certainly one of my favorite series, and just seems to be getting better.

Brother Zag
07-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Thanks, sounds awesome. I only go to the comic store every 2-3 weeks, so I'll pick it up tomorrow. This is certainly one of my favorite series, and just seems to be getting better.

Whew! Glad I didn't say more!

Turns out part two comes out next week. The editor wanted to wait until after the SDCC stuff ebbs, makes sense.

Moonrider
07-24-2009, 04:29 AM
I'm more a fan of Aleta myself... Starhawk's okay, too... found out Jim Valentino hated Starhawk! I've got a second article coming up that covers his years. I think it comes out tomorrow.

Why? :huh:

Brother Zag
07-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, I don't go into detail about JV's dislike of Starhawk in my new article, but there is a link to his long write up over on the Image Boards where he explains his feelings. BTW... The second part of my spotlight on the Original Guardians of the Galaxy is up today:

http://cosmicbooknews.com/articles/csogotg_2